my voice is trashed... help!

DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have two shows this week, and my voice is trashed from this cold and allergies.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    aw dang...

you so da man :D

thanks!
  • I had a thought. Could you get time off work to rest in between shows?
    I actually am thinking about calling in tomorrow...

I have a long practice tomorrow, too. Just trying to take it easy (when I think about it).

I love writing when I'm sick, though. I've no idea why, perhaps it's masochism? lol... I wrote a song last night when I should've been in bed.
  • colds ruinnnn voices.

Hot Tea helps tremendously,.. allergy medication (like zyrtec, allegra..),.. Take it easy on your voice until show time of course,..

back to the tea,.. Green Tea with Honey is best i think.. and not just because it tastes amazing,.. there are certain things about them (especially the green tea) that are good for you and soothe the throat as well.

i've had this problem lately too (damn allergies..) and its terrriblllllleeeeee.

i'm just lately (nearly 2 weeks after the attack) getting my voice back to speed.

If you can't do it by showtime cancel or get someone else to do it.

Or.. stick to easy songs to sing (lower key songs i'd say.. the high notes are the first to go with allergies) rather than trying to do the fancy stuff.

good luck :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • PastaNazi wrote:
    I actually am thinking about calling in tomorrow...

I have a long practice tomorrow, too. Just trying to take it easy (when I think about it).

I love writing when I'm sick, though. I've no idea why, perhaps it's masochism? lol... I wrote a song last night when I should've been in bed.
    Neil Young said that too.

He had a VERY high fever (like.. 101 ish or higher) and had to stay in bed for days..

he wrote Cinnamon Girl, Cowgirl in the Sand, and Down By The River in the same day (i believe those are the ones..).

It affects your state of mind.. like.. LSD.. but different ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    oh hell yeah :)

how cool is that?

being sick definitely brings out the rasp, which is somewhat inspiring... perhaps because it's unusual?