PC Recording?

reeenk roinkreeenk roink Posts: 27
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey I just bought a $20 unidirectional dynamic mic from radio shack. I used one of the adapters to plug into the back of my soundcard. I just got it to screw around and record stuff but if it turns out the the quality is so bad you can't hear it, I'll return it.

Anyways, I just put it right in front of my guitar amp and am trying to record stuff. Im using soundrecorder that came with windows, but its a piece of crap.

Is there any free software out there that would fit my needs? Also, Im looking for any advice from anyone who knows alot about recording or who has been in my shoes before. Any resources like websites or anything would be useful too. I'm looking for any info I can get a hold of. I'm a complete newb.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    try turning down the microphone volume in windows. sound mixer.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    ProTools Free. You'll need a good computer, not just any old piece of crap. There is shareware and pirated stuff out there, too...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • covincovin Posts: 42
    I use Guitar Tracks...it lets you plug your guitar right into the computer. The sound is a little processed, but it's not too bad. It kind of has a nice resonance to it.

For my voice, I'm getting a real microphone...those PC internet ones are shit and will mess up your tone and pitch. Plus, if you so much as exhale on them, you record a bunch of static.

Note: Guitar Tracks is very basic and I wouldn't reccomend if you're anything more than a beginner at recording.

But for processing and mixing, I used AVS Audio Utilties...it's an awesome, awesome program.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Acoustica Mixcraft..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone