Fender American Jazz Bass

SinisterMentalSinisterMental Posts: 6
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm new to bass guitars, and I was looking into the Fender American Jazz bass on-line. Everything I've read about it doesn't mention a truss rod. All I've seen is that the neck is graphite reinforced with Posiflex graphite neck support rods. Are these adjustable like truss rods? I coudn't imagine it not having truss rods.

Any info. would be appreciated.
"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star
In somebody else's sky
But why can't it be mine?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Yes. American Deluxe Jazz Bass® Specifications

019-5820 (Rosewood) Left Hand
    Body Premium Ash or Alder
    Neck Maple
    Fingerboard Rosewood or Maple
    Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
    No. of Frets 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Width @ Nut 1.500" (38 mm)
    Machine Heads American Deluxe Lightweight Tuners
    Pickups 2 New "Noiseless" Jazz Bass Pickups
    Pickup Switching Pan Pot
    Controls Master Volume, Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ With Treble Boost/Cut 22db, Mid Boost/Cut 20db, Bass Boost/Cut 20db
    Pickguard Aged White on (00), (06), (38) and (48), Brown Shell on (01) and (21)
    Bridge Deluxe Bridge (Strings-Thru-Body or Top Load)
    Unique Features Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck, Abalone Dot Inlays, Rolled Fingerboard Edges With Highly Detailed Nut and Fret Work, Fender/Schaller Strap-lock Ready Strap Buttons
    Strings OEM 8250M #073-8250-006 NPS .045, .065, .085, .110TW (Taper-wound E)
    Accessories Hardshell Case, Strap, Cable, Truss Rod Adjustment "T" Wrench pn# 0048693000 (3/16" Hex), Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench pn# 0021109000 (1/16" Hex)
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Get a Stingray! Join the Ernie Ball family!
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • PeacemakerPeacemaker Posts: 6
    I worked for a store that was a Fender dealer. The American Jazz bass is a sweet playing bass. If I were gonna get one though I would go for the maple neck.
    "Into the flood again same ole' trip it was back then" - "Would" Alice In Chains.
  • Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm thinking about butterscotch blond with the maple neck.
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine?"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by parchy
    Get a Stingray! Join the Ernie Ball family!

A FOUR-string Stingray!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.