M Audio Jam Lab??

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any of you guys ever use this software or something like it?

I was thinking of using it more as a practice tool than for recording my own material (because I am not that far along). I saw the following description of it as a practice tool:

"GT Player Express also turns JamLab into an incredible tool for learning to play guitar and improving your technique. Load any standard audio file in AAC, MP3 or WAV format and play along. You can even slow down the playback to better learn passages from your favorite songs. We give you 160MB of drum loops from our popular ProSessions Sound and Loop Libraries. Load them in any order to use GT Player as a drum machine to groove along with. We’ve even provided a selection of drum songs in MP3 format for jamming. There’s never been an easier way to improve your guitar skills."

I mean I practice a good bit myself but I thought about using to help me with learning songs, since it has the ability to slow down the playback of a song and since I don't really have any friends that I could "jam" with or that play other instruments, I thought this might be a good option.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks.
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this sounds better for your kind of ability than the Guitar Pro thing i mentioned.

could be good but i dont know.. a friend of mine has Apples Garage Band software which he rates highly.. although i dont know if it comes in PC format :(

not much help really :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.