Burstbucker Pick ups

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have been thinking about replacing the p/u's in my Epi Les Paul Classic (currently with open coil humbuckers). Not sure exactly what would be a good switch but I was thinking about the Burstbucker Pro Humbucker p/u. I would like to go with a nickel plated p/u but I don't know enough about them to know which would be a good pick for my Epi Les Paul. I have even thought about switching out the p/u's on my Gibson Faded SG Special (currently with alnico 490's).

So.....anyone have any suggestions or knowledge that can be passed on? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Burstbuckers are designed to be like the slightly overwound pups found on 1959 Les Pauls. They are very very nice. But there are also other great models to choose from.

Check out the references page at http://www.projectguitar.com and look at the sites listed under pickups. That should help you decide.

Lollar, Fralin, Harmonic Design, Suhr, Seymour Duncan all good choices.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ive got them in my Alpine White LP custom,i fuckin love em!Great pickups so much bottom end theyre awesome
    Cornell pwns u
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Burstbuckers are designed to be like the slightly overwound pups found on 1959 Les Pauls. They are very very nice. But there are also other great models to choose from.

Check out the references page at http://www.projectguitar.com and look at the sites listed under pickups. That should help you decide.

Lollar, Fralin, Harmonic Design, Suhr, Seymour Duncan all good choices.

Great site. Thanks for the info Pac.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream