Roger Mayer Pedals

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody own one or tried one out? Just curious.....
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276

What do you want to know?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Just wanting to know about them in general. I was thinking about getting a fuzz pedal so I was just wanting to hear some opinions from someone on this board that might have experience with one.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

The rocket ones sound best at non bedroom volumes. I love the Axis fuzz. obviously the classic is a classic and then the voodoo axe, voodoo 1 and voodoo bass are great fuzz boxes. I've heard their reliability is questionable but I have not experienced poor quality from RM. I still kind of lust after an Axis fuzz. Should have bought one 3 years ago when they were 160.

lots of great clips at http://www.custom-sounds.com BJ's home base. It's Harry Koske's shop I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    They sound best with a cranked amp. I hate his enclosures, they take up too much room.
    if you want a versitle fuzz, check out the BJF CAF, PPF, or the AM Sun Face NKT 275.
    There are others depending on what you looking for.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    His VooDoo Vibe is tough to beat. The rest of his pedals are just ok IMO.
  • JofZ wrote:
    They sound best with a cranked amp. I hate his enclosures, they take up too much room.
    if you want a versitle fuzz, check out the BJF CAF, PPF, or the AM Sun Face NKT 275.
    There are others depending on what you looking for.

Thanks JofZ. Where is a good place to find/purchase the BJF pedals?

-from "n.s.u." by Cream