Getting Rid of Gear

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any suggestions on the best way? I want to unload some stuff fairly quickly, I don't really want to take the time to go through e-bay and not sure I want to go to GC.....any suggestions? I have several pedals, an amp, and probably a guitar to get rid of.
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ebay is a week turnaround, Pawn shops work faster but you won't get much for it.

It depends what you want for it, you could simply post it here, mods haven't had a problem with this to date.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Craigslist. You can get same day turn around for cash sometimes.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I'm curious as to what you're unloading
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I don't have any great gear that I am unloading....probably nothing most of you don't already have or have had....beginner stuff. I am just in need of cash, so.....

E/H English Muff'n
    E/H Small Stone Phase Shifter
    BOSS TR-2 Tremolo
    BJF Pink Purple Fuzz (not sure i am getting rid of this or not)

Line 6 Spider II 112 (for beginners, i guess, most of you would not be interested)

Fender Strat MIM

I didn't figure anyone on here would be interested in any of this but if you are, PM me and I can send pics if you want to see anything. I am at work right now, so the pics would come later.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    mmmmmmm, wanting to get rid of gear in a ahurry, don't want to use ebay or pawn-shops...........

is this your gear or is it stolen ???????????

pardon my suspicion, but i had aguitar stolen recently, and it'll do that to you...................
    Music is not a competetion.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    lucy, did you have it insured?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Novawind wrote:
    lucy, did you have it insured?

Yeah, and they will pay full retail replacement value, so I'm gonna do OK. It's not really satisfying though, cos some scum has a nice guitar he did nothing for. Cops are useless.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • taratara Posts: 293
    Yeah, and they will pay full retail replacement value, so I'm gonna do OK. It's not really satisfying though, cos some scum has a nice guitar he did nothing for. Cops are useless.

their karma will come to then lucy, rest easy

btw, lucy, are you a guy? your name is misleading
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    i shouldn't even ask...

but how much for the BJF?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mmmmmmm, wanting to get rid of gear in a ahurry, don't want to use ebay or pawn-shops...........

is this your gear or is it stolen ???????????

pardon my suspicion, but i had aguitar stolen recently, and it'll do that to you...................

hahaha...yeah, sorry, you busted me. Its more like, my wife and I are separating and i could really use the money. Sorry to raise your suspicions.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • TheLuckyOnesTheLuckyOnes Posts: 472
    i'm an Ebay hater, so i can understand that. I just have heard so many horror stories.

Try some of the guitar forums, my favorite two are Musictoyz.com (low traffic, but good people) and Thegearpage.net (high traffic, a few scammers, take normal precautions).

And i definitely should ask!!!.... how much for the BJF??

Oh and also, sorry about you and your wife. i can relate....