Getting rid of Gear

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Like most anyone getting rid of gear its because they need money. I don't gig and I really don't play like I used to and I think this gear could go to much better use with someone else. I thought I would try here first. Everyone here is solid and I would feel most comfortable selling to someone here. Most of you seem set with your gear but who knows, right?

If your interested in anything, PM me and I will get back to you and we can talk about prices. I don't have a computer at my apartment so I only check the site when I am at work. So I will get back to you.

If anyone has gotten rid of gear before, what did you find most effective? Locally, eBay, etc???

Gibson Les Paul Classic w/case (had for about a year, never been used except for in my apt)

NewGuitar002.jpg

NewGuitar001.jpg

Fender Blues Jr Amp (had for a few years bought used at Guitar Center; has some dings to it but a great amp; only pic I have right now)

NewGuitar005.jpg

Fender Strat MIM (has one mark on it, shown and has one previous owner, I bought it off eBay)

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

Line 6 Spyder 112 Amp (4-5 years old, solid state)

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

I have several pedals as well:

E/H English Muff'n
E/H Small Stone Phase Shifter
Boss Tremolo
Crybaby Wah

Thanks.
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The Blues Jr looks awesome is that a relic?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I don't think so Pac. Like I said i bought it used at Guitar Center and it is kind of beat up on the surface but a great sounding amp. Not even sure what year it is or anything.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Like most anyone getting rid of gear its because they need money. I don't gig and I really don't play like I used to and I think this gear could go to much better use with someone else. I thought I would try here first. Everyone here is solid and I would feel most comfortable selling to someone here. Most of you seem set with your gear but who knows, right?

If your interested in anything, PM me and I will get back to you and we can talk about prices. I don't have a computer at my apartment so I only check the site when I am at work. So I will get back to you.

If anyone has gotten rid of gear before, what did you find most effective? Locally, eBay, etc???

Gibson Les Paul Classic w/case (had for about a year, never been used except for in my apt)

NewGuitar002.jpg

NewGuitar001.jpg

Fender Blues Jr Amp (had for a few years bought used at Guitar Center; has some dings to it but a great amp; only pic I have right now)

NewGuitar005.jpg

Fender Strat MIM (has one mark on it, shown and has one previous owner, I bought it off eBay)

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

Line 6 Spyder 112 Amp (4-5 years old, solid state)

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

I have several pedals as well:

E/H English Muff'n
    E/H Small Stone Phase Shifter
    Boss Tremolo
    Crybaby Wah

Thanks.

My friend is looking into getting pedals and I was wondering how much you're lookin to sell those pedals for?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I don't know, $50-$60.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    For anyone considering buying from Mike (?ing my education) I bought my Black Epi Les Paul from him last May and his stuff is pretty well taken care of. He even shipped the hard case with it and upgraded pickups. Buy with confidence.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Haha....Hey thanks Nova. Hope you are getting good use out of that axe.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=436

check the back if you would when you get a chance. I'm guessing it has a Jensen speaker. That's a pretty nice little amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=436

check the back if you would when you get a chance. I'm guessing it has a Jensen speaker. That's a pretty nice little amp.

yeah, then it is a relic because that is exactly what it looks like. I don't know a lot about amps, this was my first tube amp and I love the sound of it.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Kinda funny, I have that exact same strat. Same color, rosewood fretboard, MIM, and it's got a few scratches of its own.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • post it on craigslist...I have always sold gear on there and it goes fast....give it a try
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I'll PM you . . .
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • post it on craigslist...I have always sold gear on there and it goes fast....give it a try

Thanks. Good to know, that was gonna be my next try. Probably put all the gear on Craigslist next week.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yum, if I had money I'd gladly buy that Blues Jr from ya. But alas.

Good luck selling your stuff!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • OK, no interest huh? Thanks anyway. Craigslist is next!!

Have a good weekend peoples.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    OK, no interest huh? Thanks anyway. Craigslist is next!!

Have a good weekend peoples.
    you have a good one too.
    good luck with selling everything. you have some nice gear there.
  • Damn, Craigslist is the shit. I posted all the gear this morning and have damn near sold all of it already!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream