pup suggestions for a MIM Strat

?ing my education?ing my education Posts: 313
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys. So any suggestions? I really like the guitar, just want it to have a little more crunch. And I was wondering if I could get this more from the pup's and the amp, than putting a pedal in between to get it. I don't know if that makes any sense but anyway....suggestions?

Thanks!
Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What kind of amp you running?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I've got 2 Fender red lace sensor pups to sell, they are chili pepper hot, might help.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • What kind of amp you running?

I have a Fender Blues Jr
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I have a Fender Blues Jr

Nice amp! I have one myself, but have found myself playing my Strat through my Vibro Champ more lately. I hear good things about the 57/62 pickups.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    texas specials perhaps. the 57/62s don't have a lot of output.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    texas specials perhaps. the 57/62s don't have a lot of output.

Didn't know that. I think the Big Dippers in the John Mayer Strat are modified versions of the Texas Specials, in which case, I wholeheartedly endorse them. I love the sound of that guitar.
  • im a fan of the 57/62's, lots of tonal control with the volume and tone knobs. Easy to craft a nice rock sound.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Two reasons to buy the 57/62's:

- Eric Johnson

- John Frusciante
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
    still not going to help in the search for more output if you're looking for more out of the guitar.

they do sound good though.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Anyone tried/heard the fender vintage or hot noiseless pups? I was thinking about a set of those if the price was right.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    Anyone tried/heard the fender vintage or hot noiseless pups? I was thinking about a set of those if the price was right.

I've heard negative things about them. Plus, if your guitar's cavities and pickguard are insulated correctly noise shouldn't be a problem. We have to get over this whole notion that hum and buzz are 'part of the strat sound'.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Novawind wrote:
    Hello, 2 reds for sale, $70 US and they are yours.
    Music is not a competetion.
    Novawind wrote:

better off with fender SCNs if going that route. very nice sounding and beefier output that a traditional strat pickup but still sound very strat.
  • Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Big help!

-from "n.s.u." by Cream