Options

10c ticketing vs Ticketmaster

jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
edited February 2008 in The Porch
From what I can gather, it seemed as though buying tickets through ticketmaster was just as difficult, if not more so than 10c. Some are so quick to flame 10c, but I was in IMMEDIATELY at ticketmaster, and they were sold out. I IMMEDIATELY go to Ebay- 2 pages of tickets for sale.

Bottom line: If you got tickets or not, these places cannot fit the 10000 people trying to get tickets to these shows. And out of those 10000, roughly a third (probably more) will complain that 10c didn't provide them with THE best seats in the house, like all 10000 get to high five Eddie or something.

Viva la Tenclub, with or without tickets.
So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
You're batman!- George
Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    Exactly. Which is why I was able to justify paying $185 a pop on mezzanine tix at the Wiltern. That place holds 2,000 people. By my math, that price could go way up in teh next 2 months.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    by taking a look at ebay.....

you can tell the scalpers are HUGE fans of ticketmaster.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    It was actually easier to get tickets through 10c than ticketmaster - at least there was a chance! Ticketmaster was immediately sold out for the 2nd Vancouver show even though I was online as soon as they went on sale.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    after hours and hours of aggravation dealing with the 10club....

it took me 3 seconds to get a ticket for L.A. night 2 on ticketmaster..........
  • Options

I got tickets too for Vancouver in about all of 2 seconds BUT I'm sure they are not what they would have been had I gone through with 10C but I'm still happy nonetheless!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Kiddies... I'm telling you... it's the 'Hannah Montana' program they use. it gets in, reusues it's system generated login id code to buy the maximum amount of tickets per seperate charge accounts. This way, it appears as if there are different people buying the maximum amounts. If they have 100 seperate credit card accounts.. they get 400 tickets.
    And the scalpers are competing between each other. that is to say... if there are 3 scalpers in the same venue and they each have 100 seperate accounts... that's 1,200 tickets.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

so does this mean we'll see your ass out here or are you flippin' out?!! ;)
    I got tickets too for Vancouver in about all of 2 seconds BUT I'm sure they are not what they would have been had I gone through with 10C but I'm still happy nonetheless!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YEAH!!! good for you....:D:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    so does this mean we'll see your ass out here or are you flippin' out?!! ;)

YEAH!!! good for you....:D:D
    i bought the ticket....

then called my best friend chris out in L.A.

and found out he wont be in town that week.....hehehehehehehe

so im not sure if i am going or not....

decisions
    decisions......
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I wonder if Ticketmaster charged anyones bank account or CC that won't receive a ticket???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    My only question is, why weren't we given a shot at 10c tickets to the 3 shows added today, or even an email about them. Obviously they knew the shows were happening
  • Options
    The fundamental difference between the 10C ticketing and Ticketmaster is that the latter doesn't improperly AUTHORIZE YOUR CREDIT CARD multiple times because their mickey mouse website doesn't work correctly, without (thus far) so much as an attempt to make things right. I mean for fuck's sake what would the problem have been with offering us an opportunity to buy tickets for the second shows in the cities where they came up?

Buying tickets at a Ticketmaster on-sale is useless. You already know the brokers are going to get them all beforehand, so why even waste your time.
    I've relied on 10C ticketing over the years to avoid that hassle, but this fiasco contributed to making it even MORE difficult. Getting shafted again this morning only makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I wonder if Ticketmaster charged anyones bank account or CC that won't receive a ticket???

I had three sets of tickets charged on my card. HAD. Gone now. Anyone that is using their debit card for this stuff has to see it coming where some of your funds may be locked up. It's the same method a hotel uses. They run your card first to get the charge authorized, then you get charged later.

If you use a credit card, the charges go away, and no funds are frozen for a few days.

Ticketmaster has ticket brokers that buy the place up before the average joe gets a shot. It's what this world has come to. There's always ways to outsmart the system. 10c at least gave everyone a free shot at them.

I see I am not going to change anyones minds that didn't get tickets. I just hate when people complain when it is IMPOSSIBLE to get EVERYONE tickets. When people get tickets, some eventually complain they aren't good enough. Get out of the club then. The $20 isn't free reign to complain when things go their way.

I work with whiny people who think they get the shaft in life all day. I come here after the complaining, and get more complaining. Come on, people.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    My only question is, why weren't we given a shot at 10c tickets to the 3 shows added today, or even an email about them. Obviously they knew the shows were happening
    My guess is there wasn't a deal made to set aside any tickets for the Ten Club at any of the added shows.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options

I can't remember which show it was exactly. Possibly one of the Irvine shows in 03 or one of the Forum shows in 06... anyway... I think 10C gave us the option to buy a show that was *possibly* going to happen. If it did , we got tickets ( it did happen ). If the show never happened, we got a refund. That would have been nice here.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

They were too busy releasing the excess charges on people's bank accounts/CC or they were upgrading the server :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    mytincture wrote:
    I can't remember which show it was exactly. Possibly one of the Irvine shows in 03 or one of the Forum shows in 06... anyway... I think 10C gave us the option to buy a show that was *possibly* going to happen. If it did , we got tickets ( it did happen ). If the show never happened, we got a refund. That would have been nice here.
    It was 2006 in San Francisco. There was originally 2 shows scheduled... a possible third. When the thiird one came up, we were able to buy from the Ten Club's online purchasing.
    The difference being.. the Ten Club probably had a deal that if the General admission third show was posted, the amount of orders recieved would be set aside for the Ten Club members.
    It is probably likely that there was no arangements set with this concert promoters. The club was given a allotment of only the posted shows.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Both systems had their own sets of problems.

With the 10C, tickets were available but the servers couldn't handle the volume.
    With TM, it seemed like the servers were fine, but scalpers were able to snap up all the tickets in a matter of seconds.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    BZ-BZ- Posts: 31
    I didn't try for tix today, but my buddy told me about soom issue with hitting the "refresh" button several times right before tix went on sale. Apparently, he was knocked off the TM site and not able to get back on. Anyone experience this today?
    East coast 08 please. (YESSSSS!!!!)
  • Options
    jambayleaf wrote:
    Bottom line: If you got tickets or not, these places cannot fit the 10000 people trying to get tickets to these shows. And out of those 10000, roughly a third (probably more) will complain that 10c didn't provide them with THE best seats in the house, like all 10000 get to high five Eddie or something.

Nah...the bottom line for me is Ticketmaster didn't fuck up my checking account by charging me multiple times for tickets I'll never receive.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    jambayleaf wrote:
    From what I can gather, it seemed as though buying tickets through ticketmaster was just as difficult, if not more so than 10c. Some are so quick to flame 10c, but I was in IMMEDIATELY at ticketmaster, and they were sold out. I IMMEDIATELY go to Ebay- 2 pages of tickets for sale.

I am very thankful for 10c. I wouldn't have tickets otherwise. We have family in San Diego that want to go and four of us were on at 10am trying for anything and came up with zip. While the 3 hours spent on the 10c site was stressful, at least it was successful! For us. :) I know a lot of you weren't and I feel very lucky and also sad for those who were locked out completely. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    BZ- wrote:
    I didn't try for tix today, but my buddy told me about soom issue with hitting the "refresh" button several times right before tix went on sale. Apparently, he was knocked off the TM site and not able to get back on. Anyone experience this today?

This happened to me in 2005... I was locked out, if you hit refresh the page more than 15(ish... the person at TM that I asked about this was not sure on the exact number) times in one minute, the site automatically assumes that it is an automated system trying to get tix and boots it out... knowing would have been nice though, I almost missed out on the entire concert until I finally got through when I phoned my local TM and a new bunch of seats had been released for sale! Phew, I got lucky and had the best seats EVER!!! But I think it's something that people should know about!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    This happened to me in 2005... I was locked out, if you hit refresh the page more than 15(ish... the person at TM that I asked about this was not sure on the exact number) times in one minute, the site automatically assumes that it is an automated system trying to get tix and boots it out... knowing would have been nice though, I almost missed out on the entire concert until I finally got through when I phoned my local TM and a new bunch of seats had been released for sale! Phew, I got lucky and had the best seats EVER!!! But I think it's something that people should know about!
    That happened to us twice today. Not while trying for tickets, just looking to see what's available! I really don't understand how that works? :) Didn't get tickets either though, but at least during the process of trying we didn't get the error message. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."