getting a rock and roll scream?

digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey...this is more of a voice question than a musician question, but I figured I'd try here. I've been on a big Pearl Jam kick recently, and I've been working on my singing voice for the past few years, and listening to Eddie I noticed something I really lack...a really good belting, rock and roll screaming voice. I don't have it, and the few times I've tried, I lose my voice in minutes. Is there anything I could do, maybe specific singing exercises, special teas, to help me out? Or is it just a natural talent thing? thanks for your help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i can't help ya out. I wish i could, but i can't scream worth shit either...man, if only i could belt out a kick-ass Frank Black scream...

cookie i think you're TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEE!!!!

but alas, i've more of a Stone Gossard type of voice...far from the rages of mr. black
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV