Options

damn, i'm jealous of billy corgan and ryan adams

digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
These guys seem to find it so damn easy to write a song; they have hundreds; they have more unreleased songs then most people have songs period. Now, whether those songs are good or not is up to each person, but obviously enough people enjoy each of them. I'm not sure where this is going, I just wonder why some people are prolific and others aren't. Like me; I've been writing for years, I've got maybe fifteen songs. It's annoying.

This has no point, really, but what do you guys think about it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ryan Adams is my new hero. If anyone has any knowledge of his gear...
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    Corgan is an anomaly. Hes a little different. I write lyrics pretty easily, there was a point where i could turn out a song or a poem a day, but riffs are harder. I dont know, its tough
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    i don't want to criticize your work but BUT but - the stuff you were turning out day in and day out - was it the quality of stuff that corgan writes?
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    oh God, well if I did one thing to the caliber Corgan writes with well, Id be too proud of myself. I was still very happy with it from the perspective that Im just 17, and I thought the lyrics were better than average
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    heard that ryan adams broke his wrist, and may never be able to play guitaragain..
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Another crazy night in a NY pub?
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    KwyjiboKwyjibo Posts: 662
    Originally posted by jodi
    heard that ryan adams broke his wrist, and may never be able to play guitaragain..

darn... oh wait I hate ryan adams, theres nothing that would make me happier, that whiny little bitch
    The most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway, is that its you, and that you're standing in the doorway.

I write down good reasons to freeze to death in my spiral ring notebook. But in the long tresses of your hair--I am a babbling brook.