anyone have opinions on rickenbackers?

digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been shopping for a new electric, and I've looked at Gibsons, Fenders, all those, but I was also thinking about a Rickenbacker, a little out of the ordinary. I played one recently, and liked it, although I had a few little problems with it. Anyone have any positive or negative opinions on Rickenbackers, or any other suggestions? Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    awesome sound. goofy necks. so fat and narrow.

if you like the neck, then you're golden but otherwise, they're tough to get along with.

i have a 330/12 that i love/hate b/c of the neck.
  • digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    Yeah, the neck was the only tough part for me. All the strings seemed on top of each other.

I don't know, I've never been a good technicial guy with guitars, and there are so many out there, I don't even know where to start.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    trust me, if you don't like the neck, don't do it. as beautiful as they are, if it doesn't feel good, it won't help you play your best.

just play as many guitars in your price range as you can. that's all you can do.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like the sound, love the balance (weight) especially. I like the necks myself, very comfortable to me. I dislike the floating bridges, as I do with virtually all hollowbodies. I hate to restring them. 12 strings are especially a pain in the ass especially the hollowbodies.

They are fine guitars, I just like so many more before them a ric is on the backburner and even then it'd more than likely be a bass for me cool guitars though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.