what does a modulation pedal do?

digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was looking through the gear setup for a guitarist, and I saw she had a crybaby wah, a distortion pedal, and a modulation pedal. I'm still unsure as to the purpose of a modulation pedal...anyone care to enlighten me? thanks alot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Modulation is the name of a whole family of effects that modulate (cycle), including phase, flange, chorus, and vibrato/tremolo and any rotating speaker FX (Leslie emulation, Uni-Vibe, etc). My guess is that the pedal is a sort of multi-FX that features modulation-type effects. I know that Line 6 makes a great modulation pedal, although I don't know any other brands with a "modulation" pedal out there.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    This is a trick question :). All pedals are modulation pedals :)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Modulation is the name of a whole family of effects that modulate (cycle), including phase, flange, chorus, and vibrato/tremolo and any rotating speaker FX (Leslie emulation, Uni-Vibe, etc). My guess is that the pedal is a sort of multi-FX that features modulation-type effects. I know that Line 6 makes a great modulation pedal, although I don't know any other brands with a "modulation" pedal out there.

The Monkey's should really take this one. Usually when we talk about "modulation" effects we refer to the above. http://www.analogman.com/monkey.htm

Enharmonic: 2 pts :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.