deluxe player's strat

scot88scot88 Posts: 217
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone ever played one or owned one? i'm in the market for a new guitar to take to college with me, and i'm not looking for a tremendously expensive one, but i'm also hesitant of getting a standard strat. the deluxe player's strat seems to fit right in the middle. they don't have one at my local guitar shop, and i'd like to hear what you guys think before i take a trip to a shop that does have one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I've never played one, but have read nothing but good things about it.

Although if I were you I'd find a used American one.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    One of my students has a Saphire Blue one.
    It's an okay guitar, though the low strings buzz like crazy (unfortunately the neck is twisted, and it can't be fixed).
    He special ordered it since no one had any in, and it arrived that way from Fender.
    It really SUCKS that Fender let that slip, but then again their quality control has been questionable for years.
    Make sure you play A LOT of them before you buy.
    I've run across a few of those with bad necks since his.
    MADE IN MEXICO, so go figure.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • i played one at guitar center a few months ago. i have to say that i was very impressed with it, especially at that price. it played well and had great tone coming from those noiseless pickups. definitely a good deal.

but pay very close attention to what ianvomsaal said: play A LOT of them before you buy, and pick out the one that sounds/plays the best. DO NOT order it by mail. the quality control on foreign-built fenders is absolute shit, and it's genuinely astounding how widely they can vary from instrument to instrument. for your $600 investment, you may end up with either a $200 or $1000 guitar.