Mesa/Boogie Amps

otherside03otherside03 Posts: 3
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Very soon I'm going to get my first highend tude amp. I played both the Marshall TSL 122 and the Mesa/Boogie F-100 and liked the Mesa much better. Any thoughts? Anyone have an F-100
Two birds is what they'll see... getting
lost upon their way... (thanks Jeff)
Tampa '00, WPB '03, Tampa '03, Altanta '03, Chicago '03, East Troy '03, Indianapolis '03, Columbus '03, Detriot1 '03
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah, Mesa's are fantastic amps. Very well built and the companies small enough that not only do you get to talk to real people if you have a problem but they can usually help you fix it.

You're looking at saving about $500 on the price.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I have a Mesa Single Rectifier (and I don't play korn, linkin park or any of that garbage) and I can tell you that they're top notch. Mesa is like the missing link between mass production and boutique amps. Their build quality and customer support is far better than Marshall or (the WORST customer support ever) Fender. However they don't charge rediculous prices like Bogner, VHT, Soldano, Top Hat, Bad Cat, Matchless, SMF, etc. I think Mesas are great, especially if you want some drive, but don't want to sound marshally. The New Marshalls are pieces of shit. My buddy had a DSL combo, and it was terrible. The reverb would break about once a month, and the footswitch was hit or miss. However, if you're looking for a marshall sound, don't look at Mesa's. They have a unique sound, even if you put El-34 tubes in for the 6L6's. If you want an amazing sounding, but well built marshall type amp, check out the THD Flexi 50 or the pricey but amazing Top Hat Emplexador. These two amps built much better than Marshall, and deliver the goods. They cost more (The THD is $1,600 and the Top Hat is $2,000 i believe) but you get what you pay for. Try all of them out though.
    Let Ralph debate!

And you stare at me
    In your Jesus Christ pose
    Arms held out
    Like you've been carrying a load