Options

Tips on getting McCreadys tone!!!

EvacuationEvacuation Posts: 2
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Dunlop 535 Q Wah (which Mike uses) and and Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer (which Mike also uses). Does anyone know how he has these set? I love his tone and need some tips on dialing it in. For reference I'm using a Vintage late 60's Fender Twin Reverb and a Strat. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
-Corey
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    crank the amp to a nice round clean tone around halfway, adjust the EQ to your liking.

Run the volume on the TS-9 all the way up, adjust tone to your liking, bring the gain up slowly untill you achieve the sound you're looking for.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    crank the amp to a nice round clean tone around halfway, adjust the EQ to your liking.

Run the volume on the TS-9 all the way up, adjust tone to your liking, bring the gain up slowly untill you achieve the sound you're looking for.

Exactly, just please be gentle on the high end tones a bit. I've noticed that Mikey tone has gotten sharper & sharper over the years, & can kill the ears on the rare occasion. Aim yourself for a nice mild Mike tone anything pre-2000. He was a bit warmer then.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen