so I'm going to buy a valve JR head...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
and I'm wondering if I should just get the matching cab or if I'd be better off with something else.
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think the cabinet itself is perfectly fine. very well made. the speaker could probably be improved but overall i think it's a good value.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i think the cabinet itself is perfectly fine. very well made. the speaker could probably be improved but overall i think it's a good value.

ok cool...so its a solid cab then? the only valve jr I've played through was on a homemade cab at my friends house with a celestion speaker in it I believe...I guess if I'm not satisfied I'll just throw one in it.

thanks!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    i feel it is. it's certainly substantial. the same quality as the head as far as construction.

i want to put a slightly mellower speaker in mine but it's not so critical that i've gotten around to it yet.
  • This is my thinking. That extension cabinet runs $130.

You can get a loaded traditional avatar cabinet (12" or 10") for $199. Sure the avatar won't match, but that never bugged me. If you replacing the speaker in the ephiphone cabinet you'll end up spending around $200 total.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    as usual, canadian availability was an issue for me.

at the time i bought mine, the epi cab was $170CAN. the 112 from steamco (the canadian avatar dealer) was and is over $300CAN with shipping.

so it was an easy choice for me.

and i like to match.
  • exhausted wrote:
    as usual, canadian availability was an issue for me.

at the time i bought mine, the epi cab was $170CAN. the 112 from steamco (the canadian avatar dealer) was and is over $300CAN with shipping.

so it was an easy choice for me.

and i like to match.

Ah yes the Canadian part, I forgot.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/