So I have this Peavy Classic half stack...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was wondering about the tubes in it...I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, but I've never heard what it sounds like new. I'm wondering if I can get more out of it with a simple cleaning/service. How often should tubes be replaced and/or should I have my head serviced?
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that a simple check up on it would do no harm.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I was wondering about the tubes in it...I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, but I've never heard what it sounds like new. I'm wondering if I can get more out of it with a simple cleaning/service. How often should tubes be replaced and/or should I have my head serviced?
    The question is . . . "HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN IN"
    If you play your amp on a fairly regular basis (couple times a week for an hour or two), then you'll probably
    want to change the tubes out ehhhhh I'd say probably every year or so (to maintain optimum performance).
    Some people run their amps hot, while some people play an average of 3-4 hrs a day (these people will change
    their tubes quite a bit more often than say a closet player, or someone that plays an hour or two a week).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • cool, thanks guys
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Some Peaveys are fixed bias, like Mesa, which might save you some expense and hassle.
    Music is not a competetion.