My friend just had an original '72 Thinline Fall into his lap

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I still can't believe it....this girl he knows got it from her uncle and she's basically been using it as a footrest for the past couple years. They're either going to give it to him, or he's going to get it dirt cheap.

I'll post some pics later but its a little beat up (the former owner carved him name into it) and the bridge pick up doesn't work (bad wiring which will be fixed for free) Sunburst...the neck is fucking straight as an arrow with no dings....

anyone have a guess at its real value?
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Awesome!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    according to the vintage guide, anywhere from $3000- $4800 for one in excellent condition. sounds like that would be worth a lot less with the damage you have described. unless he is famous the carving will have carved a lot off the price, so probably a lot less than you think.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Yeah, that's true but think of the history and the sound from an ORIGINAL!!!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • according to the vintage guide, anywhere from $3000- $4800 for one in excellent condition. sounds like that would be worth a lot less with the damage you have described. unless he is famous the carving will have carved a lot off the price, so probably a lot less than you think.

yeah I know a guy who works at a vintage guitar shop...he said its worth around $1300 but it would probably sell for a bit more on ebay....

I finally got to plug it in today...GODDAMN I almost cried because its not mine
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    yeah I know a guy who works at a vintage guitar shop...he said its worth around $1300 but it would probably sell for a bit more on ebay....

I finally got to plug it in today...GODDAMN I almost cried because its not mine

Yeah, that sounds about right, going off the info in the guide. I'm not crying, I don't do tele's. LOL !!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Yeah, that sounds about right, going off the info in the guide. I'm not crying, I don't do tele's. LOL !!!

yeah but I do....first goddamn guitar I ever wanted. Now his bitch ass has one and he doesn't even play that much
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I still can't believe it....this girl he knows got it from her uncle and she's basically been using it as a footrest for the past couple years. They're either going to give it to him, or he's going to get it dirt cheap.
    I'll post some pics later but its a little beat up (the former owner carved him name into it) and the bridge pick up doesn't work (bad wiring which will be fixed for free) Sunburst...the neck is fucking straight as an arrow with no dings....
    anyone have a guess at its real value?
    Yeah - with everything you mentioned its worth around $1100-$1200.
    The name carving in it drops it about $3,000 dollars (about 3 times its current value).
    That's too bad - otherwise they're nice guitars.
    With all the damage it has, talk it down, maybe you can get him to sell it to you.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫