amp settings and pedal stuff

ripkidripkid Posts: 67
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok let you guys give me the best settings for my amp. i use marshall jcm900..i've tried to copy the exact pj guitar sound but i didn't have a luck:) btw,do the mike and stone both, use standard distortion or tube screamer pedal? any thoughts or recommendations? thanx
live to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    when i first started playing, all i wanted was a picture of mikes amps etting.

than i realized, it wouldnt even matter. im willing to bet there settings change every night. depending on the venue, and even song. same with distortions 9mostly change every tour) mike and stone have always endorsed the ts9 tubescreamer... a great deal of the tone comes from the guitar, and the fingers/hands. dont worry about settings, do what sounds best for you. i remember on the rockfords board, mike posted..and i asked a smiliar question, what his current setup was and how he went about it for even flow..and he said "whatever i feel like at the moment"...

so thats my advice
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, not actaully "endorsed" per se but used, yes.

unless you have mike or stone's hands, there is not much point in trying to copy the tone.

62strat already covered the amp settings dilemma.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah, I agree with 62Strat.

The TS-9's are mainly used to kick the preamp a bit and add some fatness and a little bite.

The best thing you can do is experiment yourself find a place where you can crank up a bit and let the tubes breath a little, then play your stuff and tune to what sounds good.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.