Looking to Jam! Algonquin, Illinois

chicago23xchicago23x Posts: 53
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
What's up Jam fans.... I was wandering if they're any fans in my area who would be interested in getting together for some jams... cover some PJ and write music as well...

Looking for young adults... I'm John... I'm 25 yrs. old... I've been playing guitar about 10 years.... I write alot of rythem.... and I think it's pretty damn good! I'm more mediocer when it comes to leads... and I can't sing worth a shit... so I stick to my Guitar...

So I'm looking for any Guitarist's, Bassist's, Drummer's that wanna get out and play some music...

So if your in my area, let me know.... Just no begginers please...
I'd call myself and intermeidate to advanced... not quite proffesional...
I don't have a great ear for duplicating what I hear.... I don't know any music theory or anything... really I've just been tabbing out PJ for ten years... I am looking to educate myself more in theory and scales and so forth... I don't have any experience playing shows or anything like that... but like I said I write alot of rythem.... PJ covers? .... I know alot of PJ of course... but songs I can actually play the whole way through are probably limited down to a dozen or so....

Just to give you an Idea where I'm at... anybody that considers themselve's more than a begginer I'm willing to talk to....

I'm in Algonquin, Illinois... about 40 minutes nortwest of Schaumburg

thanks again....

John

847-401-1058 Preferably....

or

Chicago23x@yahoo.com
Hell; a paticular realm of the after life where they never play Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    If I lived closer in that direction I would think about it.

I have travelled for band practice before, and it was not the best experience of my life, but the travelling distance was nothing compared to how akward playing in that band was for me.
  • chicago23xchicago23x Posts: 53
    yeah, I know... I wouldn't either... I just thought I'd take a shot and see if there is anybody close by... none of my friends play anything.... but thanks for the sentiment....
    chicago23x wrote:
    yeah, I know... I wouldn't either... I just thought I'd take a shot and see if there is anybody close by... none of my friends play anything.... but thanks for the sentiment....

yeah, I have the same problem. Or they dont live near me anymore, or we dont connect musically.

It sucks big time trying to get anything together. I'm thinking about taking what I can get even if I dont like it just so I can play in a band again.
    yeah, I've done that a couple times... but then you just get sick of it within' a couple months if the guys your jammin' with don't have taste anything like your own... so hey... if you get back to this thread man... how far are you... were you at?
    I'm in Sterling, in the western part of the state.
    North West? I'm pretty far North... Algonquin is right by Crystal Lake, McHenry, Lake in the Hills ext...

more Central in the state... north of Schaumburg, south of rockford
    oh... okay... I just looked on a map... yeah, I think your a good hour and a half at least... ah well....