I Think You're All Really Great...:)

edeneden Posts: 407
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I come in here sometimes and am struck by how dedicated you all are.
I know the Tribute Bands get crap sometimes but thats just wrong...you are devoted to something and progressing in it and I find that amazing and inspiring.

I always think Im too busy to pursue my piano playing anymore than I do but Im sure you all are busy but still find the time. Anyway, I just wanted to say - Good for you guys and keep it up!!! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Awwwww.....thanks... *blushes*
  • Pacomc79's assistance and knowledge on this forum has been indispensible to me here, at times.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Sometimes I'll mindlessly click on the first thread on the "new posts" list.
    And if I cannot understand a word that's uttered I usually know I am in the Musicians forum :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • edeneden Posts: 407
    meme wrote:
    Sometimes I'll mindlessly click on the first thread on the "new posts" list.
    And if I cannot understand a word that's uttered I usually know I am in the Musicians forum :o

Exactly!!

Check Pacomc79's new -Describe your fantasy guitar thread. It was like he was speaking Swahili to me. :)
  • I play the guitar, but I still feel stupid when I'm hanging around here. Still: if Pacomc, exhausted and mccreadyisgod (where the hell is he, anyway?) charged for the advice they gave, they'd be able to buy most of the gear they dreamed about by now.

But then of course they would sell it again, regret it and buy new stuff and do that over and over and over again... :p
    pearlwax wrote:
    I play the guitar, but I still feel stupid when I'm hanging around here. Still: if Pacomc, exhausted and mccreadyisgod (where the hell is he, anyway?) charged for the advice they gave, they'd be able to buy most of the gear they dreamed about by now.

But then of course they would sell it again, regret it and buy new stuff and do that over and over and over again... :p

Yeh but exhausted made me sad when he deleted his links to the music hes been working on in his latest thread. It made him seem, well...exhaused. :( :D
  • eden wrote:
    Yeh but exhausted made me sad when he deleted his links to the music hes been working on in his latest thread. It made him seem, well...exhaused. :( :D

Well, he's is somewhat a perfectionist, and that can be very exhausting
    pearlwax wrote:
    Well, he's is somewhat a perfectionist, and that can be very exhausting

Poor baby boy :(

Sorry, that brought out the mama in me :D
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Close the AET and this is what happens... even the gearheads forum turns chatty :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i hear eden plays a nasty skin flute!! :)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    i hear eden plays a nasty skin flute!! :)

Lou, if I didnt miss you so much Id write a scathing reply to that post!!!! :D
    meme wrote:
    Close the AET and this is what happens... even the gearheads forum turns chatty :)

OMG...meme, youre right, lol.

How sad for these serious musicians to have such a contingent unleashed upon them!! Ill try to reign it in but its hard for me :(
    eden wrote:
    Lou, if I didnt miss you so much Id write a scathing reply to that post!!!! :D

i'll settle for a dirty PM... ;)
  • pearlwax wrote:
    I play the guitar, but I still feel stupid when I'm hanging around here. Still: if Pacomc, exhausted and mccreadyisgod (where the hell is he, anyway?) charged for the advice they gave, they'd be able to buy most of the gear they dreamed about by now.

Exactly the way I feel. Pac specifically has given me great advice of the last year. This is the only forum I check out. I love PJ but some of the conversation in the other forums are too much. In here, you get the facts and from people who know what their talking about.

Thanks to all!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    This is the only forum I check out.

Thanks to all!

Im fascinated by people like you.
    I wish I was more like that.

And youre telling the truth, I just checked to confirm and youve only EVER posted in here. :D
    bostonlou wrote:
    i'll settle for a dirty PM... ;)

Im trying to be a good girl lou...get behind me Satan. ;)
  • eden wrote:
    Im fascinated by people like you.
    I wish I was more like that.

And youre telling the truth, I just checked to confirm and youve only EVER posted in here. :D

It's the truth. I have tried teaching myself to play guitar for the last 5-6 years. It has been rough. I have several guitars (2 electric and 1 acoustic), an amp and 2 pedals. Didn't know much about any of them but the people in this forum have helped greatly in the decisions I have made on purchases, whether they know it or not. I don't post a whole lot in here (mainly because I would sound like an idiot compared to most in here) but I read almost every thread and I learn something new every time.

I check out the Moving Train forum from time to time. I just end up getting angry and depressed about all the bad stuff going on in the world. So I stick to this forum, learn about music and guitars and live in ignorant bliss!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    eden wrote:
    Im trying to be a good girl lou...get behind me Satan. ;)
    you want it from behind? ;)

(I was going to PM this but I'm unable to PM you?)
    bostonlou wrote:
    you want it from behind? ;)

(I was going to PM this but I'm unable to PM you?)

LOU!!!!! God you are a sick, twisted man! :D

And dont be offended but I actually turned off my pm function for a few days, I cant spend half my work day replying to pm's and expect to keep my job!!
    Im almost caught up though so I might turn it back on in a few days if youre lucky.
    It's the truth. I have tried teaching myself to play guitar for the last 5-6 years. It has been rough. I have several guitars (2 electric and 1 acoustic), an amp and 2 pedals. Didn't know much about any of them but the people in this forum have helped greatly in the decisions I have made on purchases, whether they know it or not. I don't post a whole lot in here (mainly because I would sound like an idiot compared to most in here) but I read almost every thread and I learn something new every time.

I check out the Moving Train forum from time to time. I just end up getting angry and depressed about all the bad stuff going on in the world. So I stick to this forum, learn about music and guitars and live in ignorant bliss!

Thats beautiful. People like you are the real deal.

Stay out of AET if it ever comes back up, youll question if you want to live in a world that contains such shallowness. :)
    eden wrote:
    LOU!!!!! God you are a sick, twisted man! :D

And dont be offended but I actually turned off my pm function for a few days, I cant spend half my work day replying to pm's and expect to keep my job!!
    Im almost caught up though so I might turn it back on in a few days if youre lucky.

wow... you're really addicted to this place huh? ;)
  • Most of the regulars to this forum know what they're talking about. People rarely shoot the shit and stick to good advice.

If you have a question about gear, ask it here and someone will know.

:)
    bostonlou wrote:
    wow... you're really addicted to this place huh? ;)

No!!
    (I hate you)
  • eden wrote:
    No!!
    (I hate you)

You should not throw that word around even if you are kidding...
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
    You should not throw that word around even if you are kidding...

Thanks for the scolding mama.
    Lou knows I mean it affectinately.
  • fletchfletch Posts: 57
    Quit hijacking the music guys forum! Remember the dragons? Yeah, well..........bad things man. bad things.
    One of these days I'm gonna get organizized.

You spend your life waiting for a moment that just don't come
    Well don't waste your time waiting
    Quit hijacking the music guys forum! Remember the dragons? Yeah, well..........bad things man. bad things.

My original intentions for this thread were 100% pure.
    Leave it to Lou to interject sex into something so innocent. :)
    i didn't stick my sex anywhere

:)