Im in love with this...it looks awsome and i want it.

UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Lets get one thing straight, im 15 and have a job paying 5.80 an hour so i cant afford much more than this. Is it an ok guitar? Or just all looks? I need reasurance.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=29&CollectionID=3

My mum says its cool.
Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Lets get one thing straight, im 15 and have a job paying 5.80 an hour so i cant afford much more than this. Is it an ok guitar? Or just all looks? I need reasurance.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=29&CollectionID=3

My mum says its cool.

sorry i wouldn't know, but i love the airscreamer lol
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, the looks are the only thing I don't like about those guitars.

The pickups are good, the hardware is decent, the sound is really good (maybe a bit on the unique side).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's solid, if you like the looks, you'll probably be cool with the rest.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    left-handed tokai firebirds are popping up on ebay.

they look pretty sweet.

the only things i don't like about that epi are the three pickup config and the vibrato.
  • i played one of those once, didnt like the feel of it, the sound was decent...i could barely sit down and hold it, it felts so wierd in my lap
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    the one gibson i intend to buy in the future as a playing guitar is a firebird V in that sunburst. or maybe a sg wiht p90s.

but as the others said, if you dig the look, its a good guitar
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    The nice thing about the Firebird is that it has mini humbuckers, so a P-90 would swap right in... ;)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Played in a band with a guy that had one for a short while. Sounded all right, played all right, but his big complaint was it wasn't balanced on him with a strap.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/