i bought the same guitar a year ago for 500 used

what do you guys think of this guitar and did i get a good deal
Let it wash away
All those yesterdays
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by riotact114
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3714073198&category=38086

i bought the same guitar a year ago for 500 used

what do you guys think of this guitar and did i get a good deal

I like them fine and you got a good deal. The pickups kick ass.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i think my pickups may be p-90's they have the chrome case which is why i think that but im not really sure
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    Originally posted by riotact114
    i think my pickups may be p-90's they have the chrome case which is why i think that but im not really sure

That guitar you posted is P-90 equipped.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • shows you how much i know
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    if you have the P/U's with the Chrome covers you have humbuckers. 490R in the Neck and 498T in the Bridge, Alnico magnets, found in thousands of Les Pauls and SG's. They are great P/U's as well.
  • im not sure if they are alnicos because they are skinnier then the ones i see on say a les paul or sg standard...
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    are there posts in the center or more toward either side of the pickup.

If they are in the middle it is a P-90. If they are smaller than those on a les paul but look similar those are called mini humbuckers. They fit in the same routing hole as a P-90. Usually that configuration came in the Les Paul Deluxe which came into being in the early 1970's I believe.

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/Deluxe.html
  • yea the posts are more to the side of the pickups, so they are mini humbuckers?
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    yeah if they are skinner than the traditional humbuckers you'd find on a les Paul and the pole pieces are more to one side they are mini-humbuckers.
  • cool thanks for the help. i have been wondering that for the longest time. so do you think they were put in custom or do you think gibson made some les paul specials with the mini humbuckers?
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    I would say custom, that guitar that you posted only came with P-90's. The owner probably didn't like the tone of the P-90's and had them changed to mini-humbuckers because you don't have to modify the guitar. It's a pretty common conversion although in a lot of cases it's the other way around.