50th anniversary strat

riotact114riotact114 Posts: 31
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok i read about this guitar and am in love with it, havent played one yet but im sure its great... thinking about selling my mesican strat and telecaster and a few other things to get this guitar. what can you guys tell me about it?
Let it wash away
All those yesterdays
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by riotact114
    ok i read about this guitar and am in love with it, havent played one yet but im sure its great... thinking about selling my mesican strat and telecaster and a few other things to get this guitar. what can you guys tell me about it?

we'll it's damn close to the orignial 54 but it's also $3,700 I think.

I'm getting an American Deluxe Ash strat I think. The bodies on the 54's are ash which is slightly brighter than the later used Alder. I love locking tuners the P/U's are noiseless and the neck is great. At around a grand or so cheaper than the nearest custom shop. My other favorite is the 62 RI. I just can't see paying so much extra for a custom shop. They are amazing and so beautiful and fun to play but damn, that's a lot of money.

I don't know if they are making a Jap or Mexican version yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ok here is the link to the guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040317105627067024004231475860/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511591/

sounds like a pretty good price to me
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    maybe i'm crazy, but i don't like that guitar.
    just doesn't appeal to me, but it would be a cool collectors item deal.
    good luck with gettin a hold of one
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
    Solid alder body
    Modern C-shape maple neck with satin polyurethane finish
    Maple fingerboard
    Gold hardware
    2-point synchronized tremolo with stainless steel saddles
    Abalone dot position inlays
    22 medium jumbo frets
    3 new samarium cobalt noiseles spickups
    2-color sunburst finish
    50th anniversary engraved in neck plate
    Vintage tweed 50th Anniversary deluxe hardshell case with emboridered anniversary logo

yeah man that's excellent. I am getting virtually the same guitar but with an ash body rather than alder. That's excellent and a great price.

I thought you were talking about the 50th anniversary 54 strat from the custom shop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ya im a big fan of the 62RI myself :)
    Originally posted by 62strat
    ya im a big fan of the 62RI myself :)

me too because of the gun oiled neck and the 3 color sunburst. I like the hint of red in there.

If the 50th is like earlier anniversary models they will go up a little in value too but maybe not...depends on the demand.

50 is a pretty important anniversary.
  • yea i am really excited about this guitar. do you think it will be around for a while so i have some time to get the money or should i order it as soon as possible?
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    dont htink just buy. thats what i did. and im glad i bought!
    you'll have a little while just don't wait too long because I don't think they will be sold after this year and I'm unsure of how many they are building. My guess is 1,954.
  • haha yea i want to so bad but thats my problem i have four guitars all of which i have just bought without giving any thought but im ready to do it again cause having this guitar is more important then college right?????
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    haha yea i want to so bad but thats my problem i have four guitars all of which i have just bought without giving any thought but im ready to do it again cause having this guitar is more important then college right?????

sure, but might I suggest selling old stuff before buying and if you have a job just don't go out or spend the least amount of money you can to survive for a while and you'll have it before you know it.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    sure, but might I suggest selling old stuff before buying and if you have a job just don't go out or spend the least amount of money you can to survive for a while and you'll have it before you know it.

yea i plan to sell a few things and if it works out ill have about 900 of the 1200 that i need to get it. and yea i have a job but am supposed to be putting money away for school but it wont matter if i spend some of it on something as nice as this.

also i called musicians friend and they say that you can order this guitar all year and fender will build it for you. they dont have any in stock i guess but you have the whole year to order one.
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    yea i plan to sell a few things and if it works out ill have about 900 of the 1200 that i need to get it. and yea i have a job but am supposed to be putting money away for school but it wont matter if i spend some of it on something as nice as this.

also i called musicians friend and they say that you can order this guitar all year and fender will build it for you. they dont have any in stock i guess but you have the whole year to order one.

ah, that's the deal then. That's why they will be rare too. You have to ask for it.