help me decide what to get

riotact114riotact114 Posts: 31
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, i have a gibson les paul special, mexican strat and mexican fat tele. im in the works of buying a new guitar and cant decide if i want a standard sg or 50th anniversary strat. if i got the strat id probably sell the mex. that i already have. so if you were in my position what would you pick?
Let it wash away
All those yesterdays
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Well, it depends on your style. I'd go with the 50th anniversary strat and sell the mexi. You already have a LP special. The better strat would be an excellent upgrade to your collection.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yea i was kinda leaning towards the strat only because they are only around for this year and sg standards will be around forever.
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
  • i would get the s.g.but if i had the money i would get the 50th anniversary strat because its the 50th aniversary strat. i would probably sell the mex if i got it aswell, unless i had a connection with it.$$
    www.plusspecialguests.com
  • I'm partial to the SG. They look wicked sound wicked and so many great musicians use them i.e vedder, angus young, townshend
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    definetly the strat :)
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • well the sg has been my dream guitar since i started playing three years ago but the strat is only limited time which is what makes me think i should get that.

AHHAHAHAHHHHH the decision is killing me!!!
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Never sell your cheap guitars, they are the best to experiment on, for me, I end up playing my cheapies more than my high dollar guitars anyway.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    well dreams never die, but limited edition guitars do (well they stop being made anyway) go for the strat you wont regret it
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Leknuk58Leknuk58 Posts: 23
    Originally posted by djyman15
    well dreams never die, but limited edition guitars do (well they stop being made anyway) go for the strat you wont regret it

hahhhah, well put. id go for the strat as well.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • ShredShred Posts: 28
    STRAT stay the fuck away from cheap gibsons, there crap all your paying for is a name