Options

Endless, Nameless

Echo FlangerEcho Flanger Posts: 60
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK, so have you ever destroyed your guitars and drum set? I know most of you are against that, and I didn't like it myself until one day, out of alienation provoked by my heavily distorted guitar, I ended up smashing it and even stepped on the neck. Awesome feeling... cool rush. I know what you're thinking, but hey... McCready also smashed his guitar at the 93 VMAs.

So share your finale/jam stories if you have any.
Ha ha I've a custy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the only one of mine that met it's (almost) end in thrown across my apartment into my amps in a drunken, frustrated rage.

it felt good at the time. but i miss the guitar. and it was an expensive guitar.
  • Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    McCready is also a freakin multi millionaire...

I could never bring myself to beating up one of my guitars unless I could pay for three replacements...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    i intend to smash my acustic someday.
    i have this plan for me and my friend to take our guitars... dip them in gasolene, set them on fire then run at each other and bash them together as hard as we can.
    of course we will require safety goggles.
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by parchy
    McCready is also a freakin multi millionaire...

Is he?

I trashed a guitar that cost less than a hundred dollars, and just one.
    Ha ha I've a custy
  • Options
    I just about did once on stage in the early 80's. The time seemed right, I looked out in the audience and had the guitar poised to smash, and said fuck it, and gave it to a young guy in the crowd. I hate to see something go to waste like that. It was a cheap strat, but,,,, someone may be using it now.

My other wrecking move though, with my Guild Starfire with a bigsby on it. At the end of a show I ran and slid on my knees toward the audience and yanked up on the tremelo bar and broke all the strings off. That was fun!:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Originally posted by Echo Flanger
    Is he?

I trashed a guitar that cost less than a hundred dollars, and just one.

Yes.

And I still couldn't do it... that's like me taking $90 and just throwing it out of my car window going 70... I need all the money I can get...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Options
    "i intend to smash my acustic someday.
    i have this plan for me and my friend to take our guitars... dip them in gasolene, set them on fire then run at each other and bash them together as hard as we can.
    of course we will require safety goggles."

That devil guitar needs to be smashed! :)

stupid 8 foot high action
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Originally posted by parchy
    Yes.

And I still couldn't do it... that's like me taking $90 and just throwing it out of my car window going 70... I need all the money I can get...

I'm a spoiled little brat, I know.
    Ha ha I've a custy