Stupid question concerning tremolo (please answer)

frenchmanfrenchman Posts: 5
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can you add a tremolo to a guitar that was not made to have one ?

I currently own a cheap Epiphone and I was wondering if its possible to add a tremolo to it .

Thanks guys ! your the best
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yes yes it is. look into a bigsby tremelo

http://www.allparts.com

look into floating tremelo systems.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I should think a Bigsby would work fine. What sort of Epiphone? A Les Paul or SG type model?
  • its based on the les paul but its called a special II. It only costs me 149$ ,lol its such a a piece of crap and I love it !!
  • i looked on the site and I cant seem to find exactly the one that you guys specified . Can you post the exact link for me please?

thanx a million
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Shit, doesn't work. Ok, try this.

Go to "Search Catalog", then go to "Advanced Search", type "Bigsby", click "Search". That should do it.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Bigsby will be the easiest, work the best, and look the coolest on that guitar. Hell, I might do it just for the looks.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    on the guitar im building now, Im putting in a strat trem system. Its a bitch. I probably should have gone with a floating system, like a bigsby
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World