Ashdown

Stingray MattStingray Matt Posts: 24
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anybody seen the Show Box gig Pearl Jam did in Dec 2002? Has Jeff started using Ashdown amps? I noticed what looked like an Ashdown ABM head on his rig..
Josh, turn these lights out, it's a fuckin rock concert...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I don't know for sure I didn't think so but it sure looks like it dosen't it. That big yellow VU meter is right there.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah, thats what i noticed and also the 3 knobs and the sliders in between. I have an ashdown combo with a musicman stingray, it's the dogs nads!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Stingray Matt
    Yeah, thats what i noticed and also the 3 knobs and the sliders in between. I have an ashdown combo with a musicman stingray, it's the dogs nads!

Yeah You really can't go wrong with them. Hell If Entwistle used them they must be awesome.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah, and if Jeff is using them, they must be the top bollocks
  • Jeff is using an Ashdown for the upright bass. Quoted from Bass Player Magazine:

"When Ament plays his Azola electric upright, the chain is much simpler: A cord runs into an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO head, which powers its own 6x10."

http://www.bassplayer.com/archive/0803/0803_bassnotes2.htm
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Ah right! Thanks for that info!
  • Originally posted by Stingray Matt
    Ah right! Thanks for that info!

No prob... I've been really interested in getting an ABM head for my Sunn 6x10" cabinet. A lot of money, but it's worth it!
  • I have a Ashdown MAG combo, 4 x 10" speakers, 250 watt. It's sounds ace, especially with my Musicman plugged into it. i'm working my way up to an ABM!
  • Man, I need a Stingray something aweful...
  • i don't think i will ever get another guitar, it's just a beast. It was the best £1000 i ever spent 7 years ago!
  • I just have a MIM P-Bass. It's great, but nothing plays or sounds like a Stingray 4.
  • yeah, that's true. It's the growl, it's totally unique! i'm sure Jeff used to play one, i seem to remember a pic of him on the front of Bass Player with an orange one??
  • Originally posted by Stingray Matt
    yeah, that's true. It's the growl, it's totally unique! i'm sure Jeff used to play one, i seem to remember a pic of him on the front of Bass Player with an orange one??

I've never seen Jeff with a Music Man...

He plays older Fender P- and J-Basses, and the Modulus basses, and his old Warwick fretless, among others. But I've never seen him with a Stingray.
  • Yeah, i've never seen one listed in his bass arsenal but i deffo saw him with one. i think it was his first interview with Bass Player, he was on the cover.