Need advice ... Crazy Mary

speed_lsdspeed_lsd Posts: 15
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guit fans! Ok, so first off I'm no pro so this might sound a bit ridiculous to some of you but ...

I need a little help with Crazy Mary here. I'm tuned down half a step and got the tabs off the net.
On the tabs, it's all Bm - G blah blah but I play:

Bbm - Gb .... Db - Ab - Gb - Ab .... Bbm - Ab - Gb - Ab and all that and I'm fine up to the point where I'm supposed to play:

Eb7
"Dreamed I was flying ...."

It doesn't really sound good so what's the *secret* or where should I grab Eb7 or is it even Eb7?
O o ° 0 O O o ° ° 0 0 O O o ° ° 0 O ° o O °
° 0 O o Y a y ! I t 's s n o w i n g O O 0 ° o 0
O o ° ° 0 O o ° 0 ° o ° ° 0 O o 0 ° o O ° o
O o ° 0 O O o 0 ° 0 ° 0 O O o ° o ° 0 ° ° o °
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Honey

the secret to all of life's mysteries, is the F#.

What did the guitar say to the rock star?

Stop picking on me.

Speedy
    i cant sleepers
    well goodnite.....mornin

I shall leave
    before this place kicks me out

MUAH!!!

Viva la Van Morrison ;)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • ummmm ... Errrp! The buzzer went off, it ain't F# ... that part comes later and of course I play it F.

Browny get your ass to sleep or I will put you there myself! ;)oh please, please let me
  • Darling, one shall never mess with the Enigma of Thee F#..........(:S)

Sure why not???

Maybe with the help of our little friend VM??

( dude, i dont want to make you unpopular here because of me :p)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Your "Crazy Browny" and I shall play that for you in all variations of F# if ya wish. And here I was thinking you were pure "Encompassing trip" groupie.

(how could you make me unpopular? Can't change what's already done. *sigh* you and crazy girl are my only friends, oh yeah and anOmis and luvistower and commy and EddieStoneRocks (or smthg like that))
  • speed_lsd wrote:
    Your "Crazy Browny" and I shall play that for you in all variations of F# if ya wish. And here I was thinking you were pure "Encompassing trip" groupie.

(how could you make me unpopular? Can't change what's already done. *sigh* you and crazy girl are my only friends, oh yeah and anOmis and luvistower and commy and EddieStoneRocks (or smthg like that))
    yeah! :D
    My new Guitar teacher speeds?? I havent played since high school...since my baby got stolen (my guitar)......I was actually getting good....dammit! Why didnt I just buy a new one???........(long story) lol

Darling, I dont like the AET, But the AET likes ME....Anyways, I hope you find an answer soon. My Grandson is very respected in these parts..He will be able to help you.....

Luv
    Rarghy

P.S. All Variations of F#??? Rargh! ;)

NITE!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • I'm not a tab user,,, but I stuck on a live version and it was in A minor, not B minor. That part "Dream I was flying" came after an Am changing to an A maj then went to just a regular D major with no 7th. The lead singer's voice,, (His name escapes me at the moment) :) ,, Adds a 7th in the mix,, so that may have confused someone.

So on your tuned down to Eb/ play it in Bbm version the chord would be Eb ,,, not with a 7th

I don't know what the "proper" key to play it should be,,, probably however you want,,, as long as you don't mess with the mysteries of the F#!!!

Signed
    Rargh's grandson :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • God! What a big PJ-Family we've got here. Thnx 4 the info. It all makes more sense than my tab now anyway cause my Bbm is in fact Am on my tuned down guit. Which means I should play Bbm - B - C#. Ok ok, now if I only had my guit. right here and now.

Rargh's second husband (which makes me your step-grandpa, I guess).
  • speed_lsd wrote:
    God! What a big PJ-Family we've got here. Thnx 4 the info. It all makes more sense than my tab now anyway cause my Bbm is in fact Am on my tuned down guit. Which means I should play Bbm - B - C#. Ok ok, now if I only had my guit. right here and now.

Rargh's second husband (which makes me your step-grandpa, I guess).
    Step- grandpa...yup.Heh-heh. ( He doesnt know the Half of it! :eek: )

Now dear, You do have the guitar with you
    eet iz eeen thee mind...

-Catch you on the f#-side speeds.....
    Rarghstarfarian.