question

trey_strey_s Posts: 17
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am planning on putting the two original pickups that came out of my fender jaguar up for auction on ebay this weekend but don't don't know how much they are worth. They are in perfect working conditions and the only reason i replaced them was because i upgraded with some duncan's. My question is what should I set my reserve at so i can get at least what they are worth?

thanx

TrEyS.
SLAY THE UNBLELIEVERS!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    start it at 1 cent. you will get more interest and they will eventually go for whatever they are worth.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    trey_s wrote:
    I am planning on putting the two original pickups that came out of my fender jaguar up for auction on ebay this weekend but don't don't know how much they are worth. They are in perfect working conditions and the only reason i replaced them was because i upgraded with some duncan's. My question is what should I set my reserve at so i can get at least what they are worth?

thanx

TrEyS.
    What year is the jag? are we talking about a new guitar? if so, then do as suggested, start low people like to get into an auction and usually wind up bidding more for an item.
    If these are from a vintage guitar, don't sell em IMO, put them away in a ziploc container and put em in a safe place.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • trey_strey_s Posts: 17
    I don't know what year my guitar is. It's not new but also not a vintage either.
    SLAY THE UNBLELIEVERS!!!
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Reserve prices, or starting prices closer to final value, tend to scare off potential bidders. Start low, they'll most likely sell for a decent price. I'd start with like $5, and have a flat-rate $10 shipping charge for the pair.

To answer the original question, they'll probably sell for around $20-30 apiece, but that's a guess. You can always watch a few auctions for the same pickups and see what they average.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.