Archtop damage

silassilas Posts: 23
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Epiphone Es-295 (1998 I believe), and while I had it at a music consignment shop, some jackass managed to crack the wood all of the way around the jack (it does not have a jackplate). It's in about a 1/8 inch radius around the jack, maybe more. Could anyone tell me about how much this would bring the value of the guitar down? (they generally sell for $500-600, I don't know how much I could get on it for trade without it). And, would it be possible to mount something such as a Telecaster jackplate on it? (it needs to have a 7/8" hole, which would take care of the crack problems, but I don't know if it would work on a hollowbody).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'd take it back and raise a stink about it. If they fucked it up while they were fixing it then they should compensate you for it. Don't take no for an answer....but do it soon so they still remember your guitar.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • silassilas Posts: 23
    It was for sale at the place, actually, not being repaired. See, the place went out of business, and I had someone else pick it up from the store after they went under and I just now was able to take a look at it. What I think happened was someone was playing it, and put the weight on the cord while it was plugged in, cracked it, and just never said anything about it.
    So theres not chance of getting your cash back?...shitty. I'm sure it is fixable.
  • silassilas Posts: 23
    Nope, no chance. I just need to know how it can be fixed.
    I'm sure Paco could tell you better than anyone else on here???