Microphones

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am trying to figure out which microphone I should be using. I am leaning towards an OM3. I know ED uses an OM7, and I am wondering if that is maybe the better way to go. Any suggestions?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Originally posted by nailz100
    I am trying to figure out which microphone I should be using. I am leaning towards an OM3. I know ED uses an OM7, and I am wondering if that is maybe the better way to go. Any suggestions?

Unless you're a chick (and I don't think you are) STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE OM3!!!! They are a decent mic, but they're tempermental and very bright.

Get an OM5, they're a much better mic. The OM7 is the best quality and the best low-mid response, but they cost a bunch. The Shure Beta 58A is a great mic, too, and very reliable. The Beta 58 and the OM5 are about the same price, too. If you want more help, reply or PM me, I have a bit of mic experience...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I like my SM57, it's totally great for the amount of singing I do.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Beta 58a. great mic i use it. it doesnt feedback on a whim and is a good price/quality. (just backing up MIG's suggestion)

-low!
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Originally posted by low_light
    (just backing up MIG's suggestion)

Thanks, low...

Just don't buy the OM3... it's a disappointing piece of shit and I hate both of ours...
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I am using an OM2... great value for the price $100 or so.

It works well for me.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Neumann U87 :)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Neumann U87 :)

On the stage?

ARE YOU MAD, MAN?
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Thanks for all the suggestions...I decided to go with the Beta 58, and I love it.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    On the stage?

ARE YOU MAD, MAN?

Oh quite mad. when the Mic cost more than the guitars something's wrong.

I was of course being silly but that new neumann condenser is nice. Lots of range but alas the Ferrari/Unicorn of stage mics. I wonder how hard it would be to build one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by nailz100
    Thanks for all the suggestions...I decided to go with the Beta 58, and I love it.

Excellent choice.