Do you guys buy any of this

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.zzounds.com/cat--2979

Does the same speaker with a different ohmage sound different? According to these guys it does. Anybody know where there is more reviews to be found on celestion speakers?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    overanalysis thy name is nailz.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'm not overanalysing....I just can't believe the difference in these reviews.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What I've heard (but never confirmed, or cared about) was that Celestion is making the 8-ohm V30's in-house in Britain, and they've farmed out the 16-ohm versions to the Chinese. A lot of people are talking about the 16-ohm versions not sounding as good. I would assume this is what you're referring to. Personally, I think it's the same attitude that keeps people from buying Mexican, Japanese, and Korean Fenders, even though they sound and play as good as their twice-the-price American counterparts.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Oh, one thing that might influence this as well:

The electrical interaction of speakers wired in parallel tends to provide slightly more musical sounds than a single speaker, or speakers wired in series. It's likely that more 16-ohm models are being wired up in parallel loads, and the 8-ohm versions are wired alone or in series.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I was just curiously reading the reviews because I was bored, and it threw me how differently the same speaker with a different ohmage was rated...personally I "think" they'll sound the same, but I've never compared them before.