I might get it dudes

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7317095352&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm really considering it.... I'm a little skeptical about dropping that much on e-bay (remember the in ear monitors), but the guy is willing to give me his home phone number and he has perfect feedback.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    go for it man.

i was nervous when i bought my SG on ebay but i took the risk and got something special at a great price. just make sure you get shipping insurance out the wazoo for it.

as long as you can arrange something that works for you in terms of shipping etc.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    go for it as well, if youve got the money

i purchased my stratocaster off ebay. amazing deal. my father (i was a "youngin" at the time) called his banker and a little background check just to make sure...

turned out excellent.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    How do you go about getting a background check on somebody? I guess I've got his name, number and location...but I'm not sure how you can actually verify this?
    nailz100 wrote:
    How do you go about getting a background check on somebody? I guess I've got his name, number and location...but I'm not sure how you can actually verify this?

ask him for his banks number etc and you can call the bank i believe and find out some stuff..just make sure he's legit and not screwing you. i doubt he is at all..just another precaution thats all.
    I wonder how he'd feel about me asking for his banks number....it might piss him off.
    nailz100 wrote:
    I wonder how he'd feel about me asking for his banks number....it might piss him off.

yea i suppose so.

My guy offered it, or actually had his bank call us...dont recall.

anyways, perhaps just talk to him on the phone about your worries...?
    Yeah, thats kinda what I was planning on doing....wouldn't hurt to get confirmation from someone else though, and I probably wouldn't be this way if I didn't lose $1000 on E-bay before.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I say go for it but then again it'd be good to put it on a credit card.

if you have his name and address and that's the one on the check it should be ok.

I'd call him and talk to get a general sense of things and then have him call you when he gets your check and when he ships out.

Also talk to your bank to see if you can put a stop loss on that check.

Not everyone is a theif, you could be rocking a bogner soon. But I know what you mean. I'm nervous about paypaling 700 bucks to Bill Nash and I know he's reputable.

when you talk to him explain what happened before, so you just want to verify, he'll understand, you are spending quite a bit.

but still 500 bucks off new is nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    If only paypal would cover FULL AMOUNTS of purchased it wouldn't be so bad......I've held my middle finger up to them and credit card companies many times before.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Iwhen you talk to him explain what happened before, so you just want to verify, he'll understand, you are spending quite a bit.

what he said.