Need Help!

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
about my lost cases....the insurance company said that they are going to cover all of it!!

I just took cash for my old ear monitors and bought a set of Sennheiser in ear monitors off of E-bay after talking to the guys from Ratsound like one of you suggested...so thanks. Apparently AFI and The Chillis are using this system now.

I am looking for a GOOD guitar wireless system....there's a catch though. Because I already wear in ears, move around alot, and am constantly picking up/ putting down my guitar....I need something that I'm not going to notice as much. I don't really want to wear 2 beltpacks when I play....might be too much of a hassle. My guitarist uses a Shure taped to his guitar strap, and I might do that, but I don't want to use Shure...I'd rather us Sennheiser, Samson or AKG. I know AKG makes the small receivers that plug right into your input, but I am a little worried about those coming out when I'm moving around and rolling on the floor....hahaha. Any suggestions on a really good guitar wireless system that isn't going to get in the way of my performance???
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Oh, and prefferably one that doesn't us 9-volts......if possible
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    PJ uses Sony wireless gear for their instruments, but we're talking serious $$$.

Shure makes good stuff, I wouldn't ignore them...

I always preferred the tape-the-beltpack-to-the-strap idea, myself. Those guitar bug dealio's just don't seem like they would stay connected. Try to find a roll of gaffer's tape that is similar to your strap color... and don't tape over the battery door.

The big thing is making sure you don't run into RF interferance. With as much wireless gear you guys have, make sure whatever you get won't double up on the same frequencies, or cross-talk.

I've used a lot of AKG wireless gear, the diversity systems with frequency agility, and they're pretty rugged. The body packs use 2 AA batteries, so recharging is possible.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Thanks MIG....do you know if AKG makes a "strap" style model that uses AA batteries....if so, do you know the model number. Or any other brands that you can think of that use a "AA" or "AAA" battery?
    Originally posted by nailz100
    Thanks MIG....do you know if AKG makes a "strap" style model that uses AA batteries....if so, do you know the model number. Or any other brands that you can think of that use a "AA" or "AAA" battery?

You mean with a beltpack? Yep. I'd recommend the WMS 400, it's a true-diversity system.
    Hmmm....I'm thinking that the "bug" might be easier in case I have to switch guitars because of a broken string. The strap on my "back-up" guitar is NOT coming off and this way I can just unplug the "bug" and switch guitars....if I tape on a "clip-on' receiver I wouldn't be able to use it on the other guitar if I break a string....whadda ya think MIG?
    Hmmm....I'm thinking that the "bug" might be easier in case I have to switch guitars because of a broken string. The strap on my "back-up" guitar is NOT coming off and this way I can just unplug the "bug" and switch guitars....if I tape on a "clip-on' receiver I wouldn't be able to use it on the other guitar if I break a string....whadda ya think MIG?

Well, the bug would definitely be easier...

Most of the pro's have multiple transmitters (beltpacks) and put one on each guitar. But that's maybe a bit expensive... The other option would be to use one strap for all your guitars, especially if you had identical strap-lock systems on all the guitars. If you use the "washer" strap-lock method on one guitar, though, that makes it just about impossible, unless you revert to standard or strap-lock buttons.
    Do you think those bugs would come out though....especially on a Gibson style jack?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Do you think those bugs would come out though....especially on a Gibson style jack?

That's why God gave us Duck Tape.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Sorry Paco...I ain't puttin duct tape on my new PRS
    Sorry Paco...I ain't puttin duct tape on my new PRS

well that's different. There should be a les paul style "bug" It should stay in. If not. Use masking tape, it won't hurt the finish. On a side note, if you want to paint to stay nice on that thing, don't let it sit for extended periods in direct sunlight or spotlights. It will fade sometimes it's a cool fade but still. Case all the time unless performing is the best option.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Thanks for the tip. Do you think AKG is the best "bug" to get?
    Thanks for the tip. Do you think AKG is the best "bug" to get?

Mig is the man to answer that, he's the engineer. I like them fine. The RF interference is the biggest problem so UHF or some kind of true diversity system would be best. Always bring cables for backup.