Im thinking...

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
F*ck it.....

I should just buy a Shiva and a cab and put it on my line of credit...and worry about paying it off later.

Any thoughts...have any of you guys ever dropped over 2 grand on something you couldn't afford and regretted it?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    nailz100 wrote:
    F*ck it.....

I should just buy a Shiva and a cab and put it on my line of credit...and worry about paying it off later.

Any thoughts...have any of you guys ever dropped over 2 grand on something you couldn't afford and regretted it?

I just recently payed off a guitar I bought in 2001. The guitar is long gone, but the bill stuck around... just be careful and be sure to make a plan and stick with it to pay it off. I think I probably paid about $4,000 total for a guitar that "cost" $1900.

Credit cards are a good thing when used responsibly.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    F*ck it.....

yeah, but, you ain't gonna regret a Shiva.. They just came out with a new 18 watt Duende at Namm

You still want the Shiva. They are on sale at Atlanta Music Brokers, Call and ask them what they can do for you.

It's tax time, you could dump all that repaying the credit card. That, and if you regret it (you wont silly man) you can always sell it for close to what you paid for it because it's such a damned awesome amp.

I'm 10 grand in debt for my Toyota, when I was just going to spend 15 cash and be done, yeah, I do not regret it one bit.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a good deal. Don't take my word though. Go to TGP and PM Scott Peterson, ask him his thoughts he was an owner I think and he's gigged with him, now he's pimping Germino I think.

If you get one, you need to spread out payments on.....try and get the year or 2 free financing deals.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    If it is something that I want for more then a year then I can justify the loan, no matter what it is. Somethings you can't recoupe your investment, some things are easy. If you are spending that much money, make sure you know the used market in terms of average days on market, average sales price and how many go unsold with in a 60 day period. That should tell you how low you will have to go to dump it. Figure in the loan and interest and you will have your waterfall analysis for worse case, expected and best. Best is always that you keep it and it goes up in value. Very few things go up in value. You will want an amp that has a limited population number, built by a guy who is in demand consistantly. Of course, this will require you spending more then 2K as well, but the end result is sometimes safer. YOu have an asset that appreciates and one you can sell for a profit.

There are no mass production amps that will give you a profit. You will have to go vintage or buy one that has a serious wait list. Things to consider though if you are going to borrow the money.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    J...I was wondering when you'd add your 2 cents...good advice. As for your first question...Just ask Paco, I've been talking about this f*ckin amp for well over a year now
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If you can find one lightly used between 15 and 1800 you will not lose money on in more than likely.

I don't know the people that Jason knows, but he's finding absolute steals on Murphy's that appreciate the minute he buys them.....:D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    nailz100 wrote:
    J...I was wondering when you'd add your 2 cents...good advice. As for your first question...Just ask Paco, I've been talking about this f*ckin amp for well over a year now

I know you haven't changed your mind in a year, hence my lengthy reply :)
    I think it is time you consider it. Custom one off cool color would always help your resale!
    Let me know if I can help.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board