Don't know what to say

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just got two metal cases with musical gear stolen from my house on Sunday. 1 case had (5) shure 57's (2) 58's a kick drum mic and a sennheizer guitar mic. The other case had my personal wireless in-ear monitors, New westone UM2 earphones (a week old), Samson wireless transmitter & receiver, Shure beta 58 microphone and a set of custom earmold that will only fit my ears. All and all the stuff is worth over $3000....I was almost brought to the point of tears.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Homeowners will cover it hopefully man. Sorry. That's like a member of the family dying.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by nailz100
    I just got two metal cases with musical gear stolen from my house on Sunday. 1 case had (5) shure 57's (2) 58's a kick drum mic and a sennheizer guitar mic. The other case had my personal wireless in-ear monitors, New westone UM2 earphones (a week old), Samson wireless transmitter & receiver, Shure beta 58 microphone and a set of custom earmold that will only fit my ears. All and all the stuff is worth over $3000....I was almost brought to the point of tears.

Pac's right, your insurance should cover that. I can't stress enough how important it is to make your musical equipment is part of yours or your parent's insurance policy. Sorry about your lost. Keep checking around the local shops, some of that stuff will probably turn up.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    Make sure(or hope, in this case) that you have pictures of everything. That makes the insurance thing a lot easier. I leave my pedals, amp and such in a building next to my house and really worry about them sometimes. I have pictures of it all and made double sure that it was still covered as contents of my house.

Sorry about the loss. I can imagine how I would feel if I opened up the shop and found my amp gone. Sad, sad day. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will find the loser who did it. You haven't had anyone new around or had anyone who you've got any bad blood with do you? Musicians can sometimes be a wierd and untrustworthy bunch.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    No bad blood that I know of... I do have serial number for most of the stuff. They won't accept my claim if I say I make money off this stuff...so I have to say that its just a hobby.....otherwise I get nothing.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    No bad blood that I know of... I do have serial number for most of the stuff. They won't accept my claim if I say I make money off this stuff...so I have to say that its just a hobby.....otherwise I get nothing.

Mines is classified as a self-business because I have my own home.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    I'll let you know how it goes you guys...thanks for all the advice, its much appreciated.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    If you find out who did it, I'll drive up and kick their asses.

If you take me to the water park in the mall afterward.

Good luck on the insurance claim...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Sure I'll let you know....Waterpark sounds good MIG, and maybe a drink of miller after....hahaha
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    that's tragic, so sorry to hear it
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Sure I'll let you know....Waterpark sounds good MIG, and maybe a drink of miller after....hahaha

Dude, I love the water park. I almost drown in the big wave pool, a long time ago...

But Miller? Kokanee, my friend, is Canada's gift to mankind.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    MGD is my beer of choice, but Kokanee is a close second.
    Man the insurance company is giving me a rough time about this stolen gear. They are sending ANOTHER guy over to take pictures and ask me the same exact questions that the first guy did?? You know, insurance to me is the most stupid thing in the world. You pay these people all sorts of money, never questioning, and for what...so they can turn around and try to accuse you of being dishonest or uneligable for the money that you've been paying them all these years in the first place. If they don't cover it, or I don't get me gear from a local pawn shop I am going to lose it...and probably break down into tears.
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    Don't back down from them. They'll try and bully you into taking less money, but don't settle. You may have to comprimise, but don't let them run over you. You know what your stuff is really worth.