JofZ

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay JofZ, I checked with AMEX about covering an "undelivered" item on E-bay...they won't do it. I'm kinda pissed off. Even my credit card company says there is no "guarantee" that I'll get a full refund if a seller rips me off. They'll investigate, but there's no guarantee that I'll see any of my $ again. I don't know about you or anyone else on this board, but I'm not into risking $2000 and have no one cover the cost. BUYER PROTECTION MY ASS! Plus paypal will only cover $1250...so I could still be out $750 (quite a fair chunk of change). Suggestions anybody?....besides the obvious of buying the Shiva brand new?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    Okay JofZ, I checked with AMEX about covering an "undelivered" item on E-bay...they won't do it. I'm kinda pissed off. Even my credit card company says there is no "guarantee" that I'll get a full refund if a seller rips me off. They'll investigate, but there's no guarantee that I'll see any of my $ again. I don't know about you or anyone else on this board, but I'm not into risking $2000 and have no one cover the cost. BUYER PROTECTION MY ASS! Plus paypal will only cover $1250...so I could still be out $750 (quite a fair chunk of change). Suggestions anybody?....besides the obvious of buying the Shiva brand new?

local pick up. piece of mind. however that could run you the couple hundred bucks you are saving so maybe buying from a reputable source is worth the extra dinero.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Maybe Paco...Maybe. Its probably and extra $600 CAD though (which is probably the price of a Cab)
    nailz100 wrote:
    Maybe Paco...Maybe. Its probably and extra $600 CAD though (which is probably the price of a Cab)

I wonder if Air Tran flies out of calgary.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    AMEX wont cover the ebay transaction?
    They should cover the transaction regardless!
    I guess I am totally confused.
    If you buy your used amp from a dealer it will be covered. If you buy new you have 2 sources of coverage, the warranty and the credit card. If you buy on Ebay, is AMEX saying this is different from a normal transaction?

The best thing to do in a case like this is to be paitent. I have found my GAS goes away and I want something else LOL, then again, you might get lucky and have a dealer post an ebay add with what you are looking for. Have you checked the gearpage emporium?

Amex did say they would investigste correct? That should give you some security, because you will not be charged until they are done with the investigation. I have a hard time understanding what they would do to an individual anyway.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Air Tran Paco?

Yeah JofZ, thats pretty much what they are saying..."only if the goods are stolen or broken". My credit card company said I "might" receive a full refund, but they can't make any promises. Gearpage imporium?...not sure what you mean.

As for AMEX...i'm guessing they would do NOTHING...thats the problem
    nailz100 wrote:
    Air Tran Paco?

Yeah JofZ, thats pretty much what they are saying..."only if the goods are stolen or broken". My credit card company said I "might" receive a full refund, but they can't make any promises. Gearpage imporium?...not sure what you mean.

As for AMEX...i'm guessing they would do NOTHING...thats the problem

Air Tran = Valujet after being bought out. Uber cheap airfare. Although every airline has pretty much slashed prices recently.
    You mean fly out to buy a new one?
    nailz100 wrote:
    You mean fly out to buy a new one?

indeed. carry on mind you. don't take much luggage.
    I think the cost of the flight would be more that the shipping charges for the head.
    nailz100 wrote:
    I think the cost of the flight would be more that the shipping charges for the head.

ah but far less than the piece of mind that comes from having it in your hands.
    I trust shipping if it is insured