To LemonYellowSun

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pretty nice cab...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, I'm thinking about it, if it doesn't go too high
  • THAT'S THE ONE.

Exactly what I have and love. Buy It! It shouldn't go over 300 in theory. Glad to see that you found one. Let me know what happens.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • The cab is at $192.50 right now... not too shabby for 2 greenbacks in a cab. You'll spend around that for the speakers alone. Good deal if it doesn't go too much higher in the next 2 days.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
    Actually they are Vintage 30's in there, not greenbacks. What speakers do you have in yours again? I haven't decided what to do yet. I've got around $600 saved for the rig so far, and I figure the whole things gonna cost me anywhere from 2400-3000. Not bad considering I've been saving that money for under a month now (we've been gigging pretty steady). I might end up buying the bogner head first and then get the cab....or both at the same time....I might feel kinda silly owning a cabinet and no head to power it.
  • nailz100 wrote:
    I might feel kinda silly owning a cabinet and no head to power it.

The inverse is very true, as well...

Of course, you could always get a cheap Peavey cab to last you a few months. I keep telling you, those Peavey 1x12" cabs with the Sheffield speakers... worth every penny...
    Plus I have friends with cabs that I could borrow once I own the head. I think thats the route i'm gonna go.....save up enough money to buy the head (if I can find one) and if not, by the time I find what I'm looking for I'll have enough saved to buy the whole rig!

Patience is a virtue....even though sometimes all my mind says is Gimme Gimme...
  • nailz100 wrote:
    Patience is a virtue....even though sometimes all my mind says is Gimme Gimme...

I've been there, am there, and will be there again.
    But it just looks so damn purdy....
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    But it just looks so damn purdy....

and you haven't even heard the best part yet. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • whoops......yeah, not the exact cab i have. I have the older version with greenbacks, not vintage 30's. I coulda sworn i read greenbacks on that....guess not. Maybe I'm turning into tommy...deaf, dumb, and blind.

Good cab anyhow.
  • Hey, nailz...

If you ever get a cab like that with two 16-ohm Vintage 30's in it, and you wanna swap a Greenback in for the V30, I'll buy one offa you. I'm looking for a deal on a 16-ohm V30 right now.
    I'll definately keep that in mind when I go to buy the cab MIG. I don't suppose you have a greenback to swap when the time comes?
  • nailz100 wrote:
    I'll definately keep that in mind when I go to buy the cab MIG. I don't suppose you have a greenback to swap when the time comes?

Nope, sorry...

I'm getting speakers together for a custom cab I wanna build.

I have a 4x10" cab with Weber alnico's I could sell you... but you don't seem interested in that...
    I'd kinda like to keep my rig small for now, for transport purposes. Plus I believe I can get almost as big of a sound out of a 2x12 as I can out of a 4x12...but hey, thats just me.
  • nailz100 wrote:
    I'd kinda like to keep my rig small for now, for transport purposes. Plus I believe I can get almost as big of a sound out of a 2x12 as I can out of a 4x12...but hey, thats just me.

4 - 10" speakers will sound about as loud as 3 - 12" speakers. So it's a bit bigger...

I meant you don't seem to be an alnico guy.

My Weber cab would be ideal for anyone with a Fender Bassman head.
    Just out of curiousity....how much are you thinking of selling it for?
  • nailz100 wrote:
    Just out of curiousity....how much are you thinking of selling it for?

I'd like to get $400 for it. I'd probably let it go for $350.

My buddy's been trying it out, he might be interested... if he wants it, he's got first dibs. He has a Bassman, and that cab was built for a Bassman.
    Probably sound pretty good with a Bogner on it too
  • It sounds very woody and warm, pretty good break-up, a LOT of punch.