4 Ohms

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So yeah, MIG...the speakers in my amp are 4 Ohms, I guess wired in (series/ parallel??) to be 8 ohms. No idea how I would go about swapping the speakers in that now???....maybe I shoudl say F*ck it and just wait until I get the Bogner.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100 wrote:
    So yeah, MIG...the speakers in my amp are 4 Ohms, I guess wired in (series/ parallel??) to be 8 ohms. No idea how I would go about swapping the speakers in that now???....maybe I shoudl say F*ck it and just wait until I get the Bogner.

Yeah, save your $$$ and wait. You'll find the right deal, eventually.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:

damnit nailz. YOUR AMP IS NOT IN SERIES or PARALLEL

Each speaker is running to a SEPERATE amplifier channel. 8240 (80 watts total by 2 amps 40 watts per side.) I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your amp has a chorus effect right?

8 ohms to 8 ohms. You have a 2 channel amp both channels at 8 ohms.

save zee money Lebowski, get the Bogner. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I realize that Paco.....geez. I couldn't remember which one doubled and which one halved...thats all. How can it be 8ohms to 8ohms, unless each speaker is wired together to each separate amplifier?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    I realize that Paco.....geez. I couldn't remember which one doubled and which one halved...thats all. How can it be 8ohms to 8ohms, unless each speaker is wired together to each separate amplifier?

:D it's all good man.

look it's a 2 channel amp (stereo), the whole amplifier is rated at 8 ohms

If you were running one channel (mono) from the amp you would need to run the speakers (depending on ohmage) in parallel or series to match the impedence.

On the two channel amp if you run more than 2 speakers, you'd have to wire it differently.

in this case, 2 channels 2 speakers 8 ohms.

Each speaker gets 40 watts. Totalling 80, neither speaker sees more than 40.

the only time you worry about series/parallel is when you are running multiple speakers on a single channel.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.