so

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Holy F*ck....I talked to paypal and they can't do anything to cover the $700 US that I got ripped off from a seller on E-bay for a set of in ear monitors. Apparently if its not within the first 30 days after purchase there is nothing they can do to guarantee my money back. It was 35 days since I bought it, but because I was 5 days over...they wouldn't refund my money. For F*ck sake's, it takes the seller at least a week to actually send it, and then another 2 weeks to get to me because of Canadian Customs office.....there's 3 weeks out of 4 right there gone to file a claim. This guy must have really known what he was doing though, because he e-mailed me 2 weeks after he sent it and told me that somehow it got sent back to him so he had to resend it....F*cker probably never sent it in the first place! There is a chance that it is stuck in the mail someplace along the Canadian border, but I doubt it. The guy is no longer a registered user of e-bay, and he has disconnected his e-mail as well......I AM SO CHOKED....you would be too if you were out $1000.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ouch. that really sucks. i've bought lots of stuff on ebay but always small-ticket stuff.
  • did you happen to get an address of where the money went?? if you did go hunt that fucker down and beat the living shit out of him. search around as much as you can. check his email address and what not. i would be fucking pissed. good luck on finding him and fucking him up.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Paypal does not provide you with an actual "address" from the seller, but I did get his phone number, which every time I call I get some lady on an answering machine.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • damn! well, i've been fucked over on an ebay auction before. ebay can actually reimburse you for some of the money. i was able to get back $175 of the $200 that i lost. this is their fraud protection policy coverage:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-fraud-claim-coverage.html

looks like $175 is the most you are eligible for, but at least its something.

go ahead and look over their protection claim eligibility requirements and file a protection claim. well, just read over everything concerning their fraud protection. it takes a while for them to review it. i think it took almost 3 months before i finally got a check from them.

hope this helps. good luck nailz!
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.