drool

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ha ha. I'm suprised you haven't taken out a loan yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    The way I figure it is that I already have enough debt already, what with the new house and all. I'm trying to pay for this bad boy, a roadcase and a cab solely with gig money....I've got a grand CAD saved so far...I figure sometime in May I'll be able to afford the whole setup. I guess I just like torturing myself...and everyone else on this board....hahaha
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ha, like you should talk, stratboy. :D
    You lost me man....I don't own a strat.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nailz100 wrote:
    You lost me man....I don't own a strat.

that was to paco. he's been window shopping strats for 3 years.
    Well, I'm definately not going to wait that LONG to get a new amp...

Watch, he'll be 50 before he buys one....hahaha
    exhausted wrote:
    ha, like you should talk, stratboy. :D

:D bastard. you're right though.

A year and a half after my by monthly requests Guitar Center finally provided me with an S-1 deluxe equipped with a maple fingerboard. Nice, not perfect.

My good buddy that sells me stuff has picked out a new ash body American series 50th anniversary, it's discontinued so GC will sell it to him (barring management disaproval) for $574 about half price for the rest of us.

It's excruciatingly bright although the CS 54 pickups are really nice.

I've pretty much decided on one piece solid Alder, early to middle 60's pre cbs buyout specs, locking (vintage "weight") tuners, medium C neck rosewood FB, 6.2 to 7.2K pickups Graphtech saddles and probably callaham pre cbs trem unit. 3 color burst, mint green guard, and s-1 style electronic switching.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Holy shit Paco....talk about narrowing it down. I think thats good though...that way you can make sure you get exactly what you want.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:

well of course I want too. How'd you end up in Houston?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    well of course I want too. How'd you end up in Houston?

I took a new job. Career step type of thing. So, I have no band... but I have been playing and singing acoustic/harp quite a bit... that is fun. I almost feel like I am writing decent things lately too... so not all bad.

Now, the wedding just keeps getting closer... so I have to put other things on hold. I will have money to buy gear again, and the world will continue.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I took a new job. Career step type of thing. So, I have no band... but I have been playing and singing acoustic/harp quite a bit... that is fun. I almost feel like I am writing decent things lately too... so not all bad.

Now, the wedding just keeps getting closer... so I have to put other things on hold. I will have money to buy gear again, and the world will continue.

true, but I bet it's tougher shopping for doilies and flowers and cake. A good acoustic can temporarily make you forget that electric guitars exist, but it's only temporary and it will pass. You'll be annoying the wife and neighbors in no time.
    House, If I was you I wouldn't sell it....not if its your best guitar...you'll regret it later. I'm sure you can find another way to come up with the money.
    nailz100 wrote:
    House, If I was you I wouldn't sell it....not if its your best guitar...you'll regret it later. I'm sure you can find another way to come up with the money.

I have been working on different ideas for sometime. Unfortunately, this is the solution that keeps presenting itself. So, if I can get what I paid for the guitar, then I have to consider selling. It's just how things are. The world is full of guitars, and later this year I can get some money put away and buy another P-90 equipped guitar.

I am not willing to take on debt in order to pay for these new things.
    There's No Code.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    true, but I bet it's tougher shopping for doilies and flowers and cake. A good acoustic can temporarily make you forget that electric guitars exist, but it's only temporary and it will pass. You'll be annoying the wife and neighbors in no time.

My girl has been very good about wedding stuff. no doilies, not too many flowers, reasonable cake.

Plus we are having our reception at a Rock 'n' Roll club in St. Louis. Chuck Berry plays the room monthly and I get to sit on the stage. It was also my favorite bar while in college. So, I couldn't be happier with all of that.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I have been working on different ideas for sometime. Unfortunately, this is the solution that keeps presenting itself. So, if I can get what I paid for the guitar, then I have to consider selling. It's just how things are. The world is full of guitars, and later this year I can get some money put away and buy another P-90 equipped guitar.

I am not willing to take on debt in order to pay for these new things.

that's the right mindset anyway, and there are plenty of viable options around too you could pick up in time if necessary.

I'd love to help you but I've been shopping this strat for at least 2 years now honestly more like 4.

You selling the wiggler too?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's the right mindset anyway, and there are plenty of viable options around too you could pick up in time if necessary.

I'd love to help you but I've been shopping this strat for at least 2 years now honestly more like 4.

You selling the wiggler too?

That sold around new years. I currently have my SG, tele, J-200 and modelling Vox. I have some harps around too.

It is difficult to take this mindset, as it is difficult to find really great guitars with all the mass production these days. But, I will still be able to play guitar and I will have my health and family. (to be overly dramatic)

The guitar is just an extension of your own musicality. So, that won't go away.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    That sold around new years. I currently have my SG, tele, J-200 and modelling Vox. I have some harps around too.

It is difficult to take this mindset, as it is difficult to find really great guitars with all the mass production these days. But, I will still be able to play guitar and I will have my health and family. (to be overly dramatic)

The guitar is just an extension of your own musicality. So, that won't go away.

I didn't realize the vox was closed back. That's a really cool amp for the money.

A box of harps and a J200 is a pretty good setup, especially in texas bars. (maybe a little green bullet mic for the harp)

You've still got Keef too.

the prices of stuff is astronomical yes, but there are always deals, good stuff will come back around. You've already bought sold and traded a ton of good stuff and found more, it will always be around.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I didn't realize the vox was closed back. That's a really cool amp for the money.

A box of harps and a J200 is a pretty good setup, especially in texas bars. (maybe a little green bullet mic for the harp)

You've still got Keef too.

the prices of stuff is astronomical yes, but there are always deals, good stuff will come back around. You've already bought sold and traded a ton of good stuff and found more, it will always be around.

It's an amazing amp for the money... I am constantly impressed with it... really big and life like... Keef is a rockin' guitar too...

I would like to get an acoustic set together... Heavy on the Stones, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, blues standards... and I would throw in some Pearl Jam too.
    There's No Code.
    Why don't you sell some of your stuff on E-bay House?
    It's a thought. I would rather sell to someone without using Ebay. I don't mind selling effects and amps on there, but guitars are different.

The SG is really the only thing to sell right now. I still want to have an amp, and my tele is homemade, so not much resale. The J-200 has plenty of resale, but a good acoustic is the backbone of any guitar collection in my opinion. It is more useful to me right now too.

I hope I can find a good home for the SG too.
    There's No Code.