Help

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me. I'm sure I told most of you about the deadbeat seller taking me for $1000 on Ebay. I have this F*ckers full address name and telephone number....but he won't answer his phone, and I wonder if any of you have any suggestions about what to do to see that this piece of sh*t ends up behind bars..

any sugestions.....anybody?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you have all his info, have a lawyer send him a certified letter threatening civil and criminal charges. If he doesn't respond within the stated time limit, follow through with charges. If it was an interstate transaction, federal charges probably apply.

Did you use paypal or some other method where you can prove payment?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    The story is....

I paid for the item on August 5th. Two weeks later he contacted me telling me that the package was returned to him because my address was invalid. He told me he was going to resend it and to contact him when I received it. He never gave me a tracking number, but I checked with e-bay and got his name. I called Fed Ex and they never had a package for me in the first place. I paid with paypal (using my bank account) and because it was 35 days after the payment...they didn't do shit. This piece of Sh*t basically fed me this BS story about having it sent to him, because i'm sure he knew about this BS 30 day rule.....I didn't, but I do now. He lives in Tennesse and I live in Alberta, Canada... I've contacted paypal, squaretrade, e-bay....all nothing. I want to know now who to contact now to get my money back or put him behind bars...or both. I have a FULL address (the address he provided E-bay....have no way to know if its real or not) so there's got to be some way to track him down. I've called the number they provided me numerous times, but it goes directly to an answering machine with some lady talking in a southern accent.
  • go down there and beat his ass. and then get your money back. teach him a lesson. :)
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
    Dude...I hear ya, but I need a REAL method of going after this guy. Plus I am not going to drive for 3 days just to get down there.
  • I'd definatetly get a lawyer involved. If you don't know one to talk to, most cities have a free 1-800 number that you can call and get free legal advice. They could tell you if you have grounds to pursue, and what your next step should be.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Lawyer seems like the correct choice, because I'm sure some firm wants to set an example.

Just make sure legal fees won't cost more than the guitar. See if there is an agency that advertises "No fee unless we got money for you" or something. That's the line Edgar & Snyder uses, I'm not if thats just a PA thing or not though.
    kthxbai
  • Yea I have had a few friends get some dodgy dealers of ebay. Though they just contacted ebay and they sorted it out and got their money refunded. I'm pretty sure they did all this after 35 days too! Could be different over here in the UK though.

Hope you get your money back! Otherwise... send us all his contact and we'll tell him what we think lol :D
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    I've got his contact info if any of you guys are interested.....anybody live in Tennessee?