Opinions

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know I've asked this before...but In your guys opinions, which floor tuner is better the Korg Dt10 or the Boss TU2?...or others?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    As JUST a tuner, the Korg by a hair. But the advantages are for alternative tunings and such, so as a standard tuner for a guitar, I'd say they're practically equal, and the Boss might actually be more reliable and well-built.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I've had my TU-2 for...probably a year now. Hasn't let me down yet.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • if you just want straight tuning, get a roktek "son of a pitch". half the price of boss, and works the same.
    the in between is mine
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'm liking the design of the Korg a bit more with its "marshall type" footswitch....seems like it would move around alot less that its boss counterpart? Man the prices on E-bay on these things is ridiculous...people are buying used ones for more than I can buy a brand new one up here. I think what I'm gonna end up doing (when I get back from holidays in 2 weeks) is go into a music store, compare the two and see which one I like more.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by nailz100
    Man the prices on E-bay on these things is ridiculous...people are buying used ones for more than I can buy a brand new one up here.

Man, ain't that the truth...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    You guys should come buy stuff up here....what with the exchange rate and all
  • I'd be interested to hear your take on both pedals when you check them out. I've been in the market for a tuner myself and have been leaning heavily towards the boss, though I haven't really checked the Korg out.
    I will do that Mojo....you're going to have to wait a couple weeks though until I get back from salmon fishing. But I am definately going to buy one of them in two weeks...being a frontman, I am tired of turning around all the time to plug into my handheld tuner and creating huge pockets of dead air, I'm sure you guys know exactly what I'm talking about.