Anybody Else

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
sick of some of these sellers on E-bay saying "ALL SALES ARE FINAL"?

I'm looking at a $2000 US bogner head and the guy's telling me all sales are final. Give me a F*ckin break. If somebody is going to spend that kind of dough on an amp, the least a seller can do is offer some kind of refund if it turns out to be a lemon.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    nailz100 wrote:
    sick of some of these sellers on E-bay saying "ALL SALES ARE FINAL"?

I'm looking at a $2000 US bogner head and the guy's telling me all sales are final. Give me a F*ckin break. If somebody is going to spend that kind of dough on an amp, the least a seller can do is offer some kind of refund if it turns out to be a lemon.

Most dealers will give you a few days to return it. Ebay, that's a different bag. I don't think I would buy a 2k amp off Ebay. You could go through Musictoyz.com, Ted will give you a few days to send it back if you don't like it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, its just that I can save about $800 CAD buying it off of E-bay
    nailz100 wrote:
    Yeah, its just that I can save about $800 CAD buying it off of E-bay
    I know you will save money, but there are obvious draw backs, one being the return policy. If you are patient you might find a dealer run auction with a normal return policy.
    Otherwise, I would suggest staying away from Ebay for amps, as most people aren't honest with what they are selling. Not saying this is always the case.
    There are Bogner Dealers in Canada.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    I know you will save money, but there are obvious draw backs, one being the return policy. If you are patient you might find a dealer run auction with a normal return policy.
    Otherwise, I would suggest staying away from Ebay for amps, as most people aren't honest with what they are selling. Not saying this is always the case.
    There are Bogner Dealers in Canada.

Candian Bogner dealers in his region are shitty.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Thanks for Understanding Paco. Actually there are only two Bogner dealers in ALL of Canada....and the prices are WAY too high. I might end up buying new instead of off E-bay....but If I do, It'll be from the US.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Thanks for Understanding Paco. Actually there are only two Bogner dealers in ALL of Canada....and the prices are WAY too high. I might end up buying new instead of off E-bay....but If I do, It'll be from the US.

supply and demand too. In LA prices are a bit cheaper because they are local and there are a lot of options.

In Canada, there are only 2 dealers and that's a huge ticket item for them.

I think you are ok, especially if you can find one in a road case. I'd put it on a credit card though so you can dispute the charges if it turns out to be a fraud.

One would hope a Bogner owner with that kind of investment would treat it kindly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    supply and demand too. In LA prices are a bit cheaper because they are local and there are a lot of options.

In Canada, there are only 2 dealers and that's a huge ticket item for them.

I think you are ok, especially if you can find one in a road case. I'd put it on a credit card though so you can dispute the charges if it turns out to be a fraud.

One would hope a Bogner owner with that kind of investment would treat it kindly.

YES, only use an AMEX card for this transaction. Take it one step further and notify AMEX before you do the deal and let them know everything. I have had them come to my rescue more times then I can remember.

Any big city is going to offer better deals, but boutique is going to limit the number of dealers if any for a given region. MakeNMusic is my dealer, here is the link:
    http://www.gbase.com/gbase.asp?dealer=931&type=120,125,130,135

If you see something you like, call them for a price and let me know what it is and I will personally go in and beat them up for you. Its up to you, you should also take the verbal quote and send it off to all the other dealers and see who will beat it for a deal today. I know you can get the dealer mark up [pretty much erased, plus free shipping.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    YES, only use an AMEX card for this transaction. Take it one step further and notify AMEX before you do the deal and let them know everything. I have had them come to my rescue more times then I can remember.

Any big city is going to offer better deals, but boutique is going to limit the number of dealers if any for a given region. MakeNMusic is my dealer, here is the link:
    http://www.gbase.com/gbase.asp?dealer=931&type=120,125,130,135

If you see something you like, call them for a price and let me know what it is and I will personally go in and beat them up for you. Its up to you, you should also take the verbal quote and send it off to all the other dealers and see who will beat it for a deal today. I know you can get the dealer mark up [pretty much erased, plus free shipping.

Nice music store. Huge inventory. J I expect you will be going with Diezel next right? :D

I guess I should probably go ahead and get one of these AMEX cards they keep sending me in the mail for that very reason.
    Thanks for the link JofZ. I sent them an e-mail and asked them for their price. I do want to put it on my credit card....I don't have an AMEX though, I have a good VISA. I talked to them about it already and they seemed a little flustered and not really able to answer my questions. It kinda pisses me off that Paypal and VISA are scared to cover the FULL cost of a transaction this size. I am still going to try an lean on VISA and get them to cover the full amount. I guess we'll wait and see what kind of price they'll quote me. What kind of AMEX card do you need....any kind?
    nailz100 wrote:
    Thanks for the link JofZ. I sent them an e-mail and asked them for their price. I do want to put it on my credit card....I don't have an AMEX though, I have a good VISA. I talked to them about it already and they seemed a little flustered and not really able to answer my questions. It kinda pisses me off that Paypal and VISA are scared to cover the FULL cost of a transaction this size. I am still going to try an lean on VISA and get them to cover the full amount. I guess we'll wait and see what kind of price they'll quote me. What kind of AMEX card do you need....any kind?

Any kind of Amex will cover you.
    AMEX is really a great company, this isn't a commercial, so I hope it doesn't come off like one.
    There are more then one type of credit card. You can get a revolving line (BLUE card) or the normal (Green, Gold, Etc) the difference is the balance is due the end of every month. This is actually a great tool to keep you from over spending. AMEX has a 90 grace period, so if you can't pay, all you have to do is call them and you are good for another 2 months. Anyone qualifys for the Gold, another confusing option. This is not a membership benefit based on your credit, only the platinum and black are. I would get the gold card and read about the insurance they off as it might save you a bundle that you are already spending on life insurance, etc. AMEX covers your ass for many things that you wouldn't expect insurance being one of them. So what is the catch? The catch is they charge a fee every year, a membership fee, it ranges from $65 to $100 for the Blue, green and Gold. But you do get a return. They have optional reward programs, which I encourage you to enroll in and you get dollar for dollar back in reward points. My wife and I get 2 round trip tix to Jamaica Mon every year on AMEX.
    The last real beneifit is transaction protection. They will hold the charge, take it off your account and investigate all on your behalf, and let me tell you from experience. Even if it is your fault, AMEX can do wonders for you.
    My dog ate a hotel room and I was billed 2K, but AMEX took care of it.

Let me know what I can do for you, but call up AMEX and get a card from them and then put this amp on your new card, its the safest bet IMO.

BR,
    JZ
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Hmmm....I'll definately look into that, the only down side is the annual fee. I'm still going to get on VISA's case and find out what they are willing to do for me. Its funny....they pass the responsibility onto paypal (using your credit card through paypal)...and paypal passes the responsibility onto VISA. I'm not joking.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Hmmm....I'll definately look into that, the only down side is the annual fee. I'm still going to get on VISA's case and find out what they are willing to do for me. Its funny....they pass the responsibility onto paypal (using your credit card through paypal)...and paypal passes the responsibility onto VISA. I'm not joking.

What do they say exactly? Is there a limit on the protection? Paypal is pretty good from what I hear, but any online company is going to be difficult to communicate with when/if you really need them. Truth is it might be worth spending a bit more and dealing with the best shop out there with a solid return policy :) Saves you all the headaches and I bet they will still match the best price you can find. A good shop will do that.
    If I were you, I would get Visa to either send you the policy in writing or point you to a place you get it in writing and then do the same with Paypal.

At the end of the day Paypal charges more per transaction then AMEX, so I would assume the vendor has similar obligations. I think it is 2%.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Honestly, It really caught the lady off guard that I talked to from VISA, she was really tripping over her words. At the end of the conversation she basically passed the buck to paypal....and paypal passed it right back. As far as I know there is no kind of protection unless you buy from a registered vendor?? Paypal only covers $1200 CAD...and I'm not not going to lose another $1000 on E-bay like I did before (ask other people on this board). I'm kinda anxious to see what kind of price I get from that store you gave me....hopefully they get back to me soon. Honestly, I don't mind buying it used....I know people up here that work specifically with tube amps and do wonders. All I'm worried about is the protection if something does go wrong.
    JofZ I talked to that music store you gave me and they quoted me a price of $2250 US shipped. The lowest price I've found so far (without really looking) is $2219...not including shipping.
    nailz100 wrote:
    JofZ I talked to that music store you gave me and they quoted me a price of $2250 US shipped. The lowest price I've found so far (without really looking) is $2219...not including shipping.

2250 shipped to CAN, with a return policy?
    Now I would contact the biggest Bogner dealer in LA and see if they will beat it, which I am sure they will. At least you will have your options.

Which Bogner are you looking at?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I'm guessing there's gotta be a return policy since its brand new. Any idea which bogner dealer in LA....links anybody?

I am looking at the Bogner Shiva EL34 head w/ dual reverb.
    nailz100 wrote:
    I'm guessing there's gotta be a return policy since its brand new. Any idea which bogner dealer in LA....links anybody?

I am looking at the Bogner Shiva EL34 head w/ dual reverb.

maybe check http://www.fatsoundguitars.com

They sell mostly 101B's and XTC's but they certainly sell a massive volume.

Email stu, they get lots of trade in's too so Stu may have something for you, maybe he can do better.
    Sent an e-mail to him as well, we'll see what he can come up with.
    $2219 US from Stu at Fatsound (includes shipping to Canada). That is the lowest price I've found so far.