MIG would you agree

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
They don't make the Mesa cabs like they used to? I've heard alot of bad reviews about the new cabs lately.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Some of the new cabs, especially the Theile-design, are really nice. But they definitely have been slipping in the last two or three years.

Why you ask?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Some of the new cabs, especially the Theile-design, are really nice. But they definitely have been slipping in the last two or three years.

Why you ask?

part of the problem is thier expansion. way more orders than they had in the past
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I've just been talking to alot of people in the industry lately and their not that fond of Mesa. Also, my guitar player just got a Mark IV head with a 1 x 12 speaker cabinet, and personally I don't think it sounds that good. just wanted to get your take on things. I was still throwing around the idea of getting an old Mesa cab (like the ones I've showed you)...maybe a Black Shadow with a greenback, could be cool.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    part of the problem is thier expansion. way more orders than they had in the past

Yeah, with every level of increased production, comes the cost of decreased quality.

The vintage Mesa cabs are built like tanks, virtually indestructable. Newer ones are just okay, not great like they used to be. About on-par with Marshall.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.