Sad Sad day

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
It is a sad sad day in the music industry today. Dimebag Darrell formerly of the band Pantera was killed last night when a gunman jumped on the stage and opened fire during one of their performances. See for yourself @ http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

I know I'll think about this for a while every time I step on a stage, you just never know what kind of madman may be in the crowd.
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    amen, you are right about that
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • I hated the guy. Drove me nuts in interviews. Still It is sad.

I heard it was possibly related to the breakup of pantera on CNN?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • I read on the BBC's news site that some british metal mag printed a pretty hateful article towards darrell as far as the breakup goes. the former singer sounded like he was promoting violence against him or something...i'll post that link if i can find it...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • That is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I read on a site that the guy said Pantera's breakup ruined his life. The hell? I'll never understand the kind of person that would harm others like that.

I hope Dimebag's family has a lot of people around them for support. Especially his brother.
    Therefore, my Harry, Be it thy course to busy giddy minds With foreign quarrels. Henry IV, to his son, King Henry IV, Part 2, IV, v William Shakespeare

If a person can't make fun of the President, or can't question the President or question our leaders, than we're pretty much in Iraq. We're pretty much in the places where people don't have the freedom to speak their mind. And, that's at the very core of what we're talking about. ---Jeff Ament, 2003
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4086101.stm
    that's the link I was talking about...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.