Just wanted you opinions

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is the band I am thinking of joining

http://www.myspace.com/longwaydown

Its a big dilemma for me because I am used to being the frontman, but I really dig the tunes and will still be playing guitar and singing, just not in the lead role. Any opinions/ thoughts?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    change is good for one.
    and the tunes are really good.

hmm, I know, that wasn't really an advice.. but I don't want to be telling people what to do.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    The only dilemma I have is stepping out of the frontman situation...which I sonething I stepped into about 4 years ago, before that I only played guitar...I guess I just need to downplay my ego for this to work. I really like the tunes though, and these guys are sparking major label interest. Needless to say the audition was like being thrown to the wolves, learning the tunes on the fly while trying to read some tab, watching the guitarist and doing backups as well.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I get it, it's a big change.

but maybe it can be a good change.
    a chance for you to see how it is like playing "behind".. it could be refreshing.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if you think it'll help you develop musically and you get along well with them, go for it.

just write some emo-ass solo album on the side. :D
    I'm not a playing "behind" player, but i'm not sure I have to be...and I'm pretty sure the energy from the other guys in the band might make it so its not that way as well
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    once you get the bogner, Reinhold will put them in thier place. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    haha...no sh*t. I'm gonna need that amp now
    nailz100 wrote:
    haha...no sh*t. I'm gonna need that amp now

Shiva = Devestator of all weaker amps and band members.

Really, not unlike Zool from Ghostbusters.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    ....but in the end Zhoul was destroyed
    nailz100 wrote:
    ....but in the end Zhoul was destroyed

ah, and now you know why there is an Uberschall. :D

It was rays fault anyway, who decides to be vanquished by a 100 ft tall marshmallow man, it was a setup.
  • You should do it man, those guys rock!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Ya, they're a pretty kickass band man....one that I could see myself becoming a part of
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    nailz100 wrote:
    Ya, they're a pretty kickass band man....one that I could see myself becoming a part of

So go for it. Whats the worst that can happen?
    I love when people ask open ended questions like that......but speaking from experience I'll take a shot.

Say the bass player ends up being my best friend for a good 3 years, and the band is going ahead with recording and writing originals, everythings all good. Say I have a girlfriend who I think the world of and shes in love with me and always hangs out with me and the band, its like one big party group. Then one day, lets say...ohh in August, I leave for vacation and while I am gone I talk to my girlfriend, and after a few minutes of how is the weather conversation she breaks down and tells me she slept with my best friend/ bass player and how sorry she is because she couldn't remember and was really drunk. So I feel like sh*t because I just lost my band/ friend and girlfriend all in the same day. Then lets say for arguments sake... I come back home, quit the band, dump the girl and drink myself into oblivion...and oh, lets say my former girl within a month later decides to become a stripper, and then I find out a few months after that it was rape and not cheating...

Sh*t man, you're right....I guess thats probably the worst that could happen, I can't really think of anything else. lol
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    dude....... ouch.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Sh*t man, you're right....I guess thats probably the worst that could happen, I can't really think of anything else. lol

Yeah, that is the worst that can happen, I guess. But on the other side, there's got to be a lot of good to come from it too. And just go in and tell the bass player not to touch your girlfriend!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    If my best friend raped my girl, they'd never find his body.
    I thought of that man, believe me....I just decided the best thing to do was cut all ties with everyone. Me become a killer? The only comforting thought that made everything okay was me thinking..."One day he will meet his maker, and he will be judged".
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    nailz100 wrote:
    I thought of that man, believe me....I just decided the best thing to do was cut all ties with everyone. Me become a killer? The only comforting thought that made everything okay was me thinking..."One day he will meet his maker, and he will be judged".

Probably a wise choice. Killing people is easy. Living with it is the hard part.
    nailz100 wrote:

I hear you. I came face to face with a guy my girlfriend cheated on me with, took every ounce of self control I had not to beat the crap out of him. In retrospect, the b*tch wasn't worth it.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    moster78 wrote:
    I hear you. I came face to face with a guy my girlfriend cheated on me with, took every ounce of self control I had not to beat the crap out of him. In retrospect, the b*tch wasn't worth it.
    You got more self control than me. i got arrested for assaulting my ex-wife's boyfriend in front of my kid's kindergarden class. Oopsy. Thing is it felt so good it was nearly worth all the hassle.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
    What was he doing in a kindergarden class?
    So I think I'm gonna join these guys. I pretty much like all of their tunes and it will be nice playing in a band with people who actually want to get somewhere with it. http://www.myspace.com/longwaydown
    I especially think the first song has alot of potential